Chapter 40: Rather OOC

Once upon an Assassin

Chapter 40

WARNING: there are some things about rape in this and the next chapter. WARNING

THIRD PERSON P.O.V.

A grim look was plastered on Karma's face as he hugged the female to his chest, rocking every so slightly.

He knew Konomi had been hiding something ever since he met her. He noticed how overly observant and unusually on guard she always was. At first he had thought it was just her character. But after several months of observing her, he had concluded it was too strange.

She was always too on guard, as if she was waiting for someone to suddenly jump up from behind her and attack.

What he didn't expect was all the pain the lilac haired teen actually carried over her shoulder. The information he had heard was shocking and sent a sick feeling to his stomach.

The girl in his arms had experienced something so traumatic, and at a such a young age.

Listening to Takaoka yell in psychiatric amusement, Karma had mentally counted, realizing that she was only 9. Fucking 9 when she, when she was.....

A scowl made it his face as he thought about it. A vein popped on his forehead and he took a deep breath, trying to calm down his busting anger.

'I know nothing about her....' The red head thought to himself. Though his face quickly grew pale as he thought about the different actions he had took over the couple of months. All the actions that bordered sexual harassments... 'Dammit, where those actions actually hurting her....?' He questioned himself as he thought about what he did as jokes and entertainment.

While Karma was mentally bashing himself for his stupidness, Konomi was calming her breathing, her mind drifting off from the traumatic experience she had remembered.

The arms that wrapped protectively around her were warm. It gave her a sense of protection and helped her mind and body calm down.

Konomi had always thought that the scars that were engraved into her soul had healed over the years.

Though it became obvious that such thought was foolish. No one can recover from something so terrible in a instance.

Even the strongest person will have to admit defeat if they stood by them self.

But right now she wasn't alone. Actually she was never alone, she always had her parents. But now, she had more people she treasured, and vise versa.

It was going to take a while to heal, especially after Takaoka made her remember the memory she had locked up. Takaoka had reopened the stitched up wound with a dull, rusty knife, making her realize she was never going to get back what she lost.

But now, being held by this boy, a boy she now knew she can completely trust, she felt like she can eventually heal until her bloody cuts turned into white scars that will never open again.

Karma was going to help stich up each wound, carefully maneuvering through the poring emotion of blood that leaked from her chest.

Suddenly a loud cheer entered their ears, making both of the teen snap out of their thought.

"They're cheering...."

Karma nodded, "Which likely means that the battle against Takaoka is done."

As Karma finished speaking, the door open, a green head popping in.

Kayano smiled at the two, though the worry obvious in her brown eyes.