Hmm, so Ryle never got better. It must be a really deep and nasty cut. He took so long to get what he needed for it, if he had opened his mouth and told them he was injured they may have helped him and he would be alright know.

But perhaps he didn't say anything because he knew this would happen, they would think he is not good anymore now that he is injured, so he would get killed. It makes sense, for what other reason wouldn't he talk about something as important as that? It must be that.

"We should discuss it with Kellen, though." Tabitha tells her.

"Don't worry I will." Divya says with a sick smile on her now brittle lips. "If you want, I will be the one to kill him, you don't have to do anything."

Again, Tabitha stays completely quiet. She knows Divya is right, maybe she knows Kellen will agree to it too, but it's obvious she doesn't like the idea. Of course, I don't like it either, Ryle is my tribute partner and I have gotten fond of him these days. Careers, though, usually kill each other but just once there are a few tributes left. Most of them get to the final eight.

Maybe if I keep following them I will see Ryle and may be able to warm him. It may be too late but maybe not. If Brutus sends him some medicine from the Capitol he could have a chance, those things work wonders and in no time. Maybe there is still hope for Ryle.

I keep following Divya and Tabitha for about an hour, it's much easier being up on the trees than walking on the flooded ground, like they are. They are making lots of noise, it could attract anyone.

Finally they get to a bit higher place, where the ground is really muddy but not flooded, I think it's harder to walk in that kind of ground because their shoes get stuck in the mud.

"Did you find something?" I hear Kellen's voice ask.

"Nothing at all." Tabitha answers him.

"Then go and don't come back until you find something." Kellen says angrily.

"Why? We still have enough food!" Divya exclaims. "Besides, why don't you go for it yourself if you want it so bad?"

"We will run out of food soon, and I need some meat! I can't live on only fruit and crackers!"

"Why don't we go later?" Tabitha asks.

"Because it will get dark later." Kellen says exasperated. "Let's go hunting the three of us, I'll go that way." Kellen says, pointing in front of him. "And you go that way." He says pointing a bit more to the right.

"What about our stuff? We can't hunt carrying everything." Divya whines.

"Ryle won't go, he will look after the stuff."

"What if someone sees him all alone and injured? If two or more come he will not stand a chance." Tabitha says.

"This place is pretty well hidden by all these trees and plants, we will make sure no one sees him while we are gone." Kellen says. "Now grab whatever you need and do it quick so we can be back before 5:00."

"Ugh, fine!" Divya whines again.

Kellen, Divya, and Tabitha do as they planned. They hide Ryle pretty well with all the plants, leaves and twigs around, if I hadn't heard them I wouldn't have seen him. Then they grab a few of their weapons, tell Ryle to look for their stuff and to be alert if he hears someone and just like that they leave, Kellen on his own and the two girls go together another way.

I wait for about five to ten minutes before I make sure it's safe to get off the tree, I make no sound at all as I touch the ground again, which is really muddy. I hide behind that same tree in case Ryle tries to kill me or something.