XVI

"Never stop. Never stop fighting. Never stop dreaming."

Tom Hiddleston

I wake up at 4:50 the next morning. I almost jump out of bed and head to the gymnasium when I remember I won't be seeing Finnick today. As soon as I remember I feel a bit disappointed about that. I sigh and go back to sleep. It is a restless sleep, though. I wake up again at 7:00 a.m..

I take a quick, nice shower as soon as I get up. The sleep washes off of me with help of the warm water. I grab a towel when I'm done and dry myself. I walk back in my bedroom and see my outfit on my bed, which is already made. I put it on quickly and let my hair down so it can dry naturally.

I walk out of my room and join Ryle and our two mentors for breakfast. I eat some eggs with tomato and grab a piece of toast. I sit on my usual seat, next to Ryle. He greets me with a small smile on his lips.

Brutus and Lyme say nothing to me, Lyme gives me a small smile but that's it. After we finish our meal, I brush my teeth, put my now dried hair in a high ponytail and in just a matter of minutes Ryle and I leave for our private training sessions.

When we get there, half of the tributes are already there, waiting. Tributes from the districts 1, 5, 6, 7, 9, and 12 are chatting with each other, at least most of them, a couple are just looking around the room, they're really nervous, some are even cracking their knuckles or biting their nails.

Ryle and I sit on the two seats with a '2' on them, Ryle starts making conversation with Tabitha, the girl from District 1. Since I woke up this morning I have been sure of what to show the gamemakers, I have decided to throw a couple of knives and shoot some arrows. But right there in that moment, I got a better idea. I smile to myself as I knew it would be perfect.

Time passes by painfully slow. I can't stop fidgeting, even Ryle gets annoyed by me and tells me to stop moving. Finally the girl tribute from District 1 is called. She smiles at the boy from her District, and she goes inside the gymnasium. Ten minutes or so pass when she is coming back, and the boy, Kellen, is called.

"Danieka Hadley, District 2." I hear a voice saying, interrupting my train of thoughts.

Ryle grabs my wrist, stopping me from walking any further. "Good luck." Ryle says to me.

"Thanks." I smile at him.

He lets go of me and I resume my way into the gymnasium. The door closes behind me and I walk to the centre of the room, and see the gamemakers up, in this kind of balcony, watching me.

"Danieka Hadley." I introduce myself. "District 2."

"Whenever you are ready Miss Hadley." This man with jet black hair tells me, I nod at him.

I grab some knives, a bow and some arrows, and grab two sickles. When I have everything I need I go to the gauntlet. I take a deep breath to calm myself before starting, my hands are shaking and I can't do a good shot if they keep shaking.

I start jumping from platform to platform in a really fast way, then I turn to my right to see an orange yellowish hologram with a weapon coming my way, I throw a knife at it and it passes right through its heart, if he had one. And it kind of explodes into several pieces, meaning I killed it. Another hologram comes to attack me in no time, I grab the bow and an arrow and shoot it at the hologram, which was approaching quickly, I hit him square between its eyes. I keep doing this for a while, going to different platforms, running, rolling on the floor, avoiding hologram weapons thrown at me, and killing the several holograms coming my way to kill me. I have run out of arrows so I throw the bow away and only use the few knives I got left, I use some to throw and some to stab the holograms when they are close enough.

I am in my own little world fighting them all, I have been carried by the moment, when the lights are turned on again and the holograms disappear. I turn to look a bit confused at the gamemakers who only nod at me.

"Thank you, Miss Hadley. You are dismissed."

"Thank you." I say to them and do a little bow to them.

I turn around and leave the room quickly, and as I do, I hear Ryle being called. "Good luck." I say to him as I pass him by. Some of the tributes look scare and others look confident. I leave that room too and I smile to myself, I didn't have to worry about that anymore.

I go back to the apartment and grab a banana as soon as I get there. I wasn't hungry but I was craving something.

"How did it go?" Brutus asks me.

"I think it went pretty good."

"Okay, that's great."

"Yeah, I hope I do get a good score." I say.

About twelve minutes later, Ryle comes and smiles a cocky smile. He plumps next to me on the couch. Brutus is reading the newspaper, and Lyme joined us not too long ago.

"How did it go?" Lyme asks him.

"I think I did good." Ryle says. "No, I know I did good."

"Great, what did you do?" Brutus asks, he never lifts his sight to look at him from what he is reading on the newspaper.

"I used the sword." Ryle tells us. "It's what I can do best, what did you do, Danie?"

"I shot some arrows and threw knives." I say, trying not to give many details. "We always do that back at home."

"When will the scores be given to us?" Ryle asks, either Lyme or Brutus.

"Tomorrow." Lyme answers. "It takes about five hours for all the tributes to show their abilities. Ten to fifteen minutes per tribute and there are twenty-four of you, the private sessions will be over around 2:00 or 3:00 p.m., the gamemakers will talk and decide an average score and they will be given tomorrow after lunch by Caesar Flickerman."

"What do we do in the meantime?" Ryle asks. "Rest?"

"You can keep training, rest if you want, we can discuss tactics when you are in the games." Lyme tells him. "It's really up to you."

"I think I'll rest for the day, and will train a bit more tomorrow morning."

"Sounds good." Lyme says. "Why don't you both go take a shower, you are both sweaty."

Ryle and I stand up and go to our rooms. I take off my uniform outfit and shower; I take a bit longer since I have nothing to do today. Once I'm done I put on 'normal' clothes on, or something close enough to normal.

________________________________________________________________________

Please comment, vote & fan! Love you all! xx