Help...

Chapter 37 - Tony Stark

"What do you want?" I ask as I hear the click of boots on the floor. They stop in front of me, their arms crossing. I drag my eyes up from my work to see Natasha, a hint of hope flashing across her face.

"We have some new information on Rachel." She says, keeping a straight face, her mouth trying very hard to turn up into a smile. My eyes widen, and I ignore the beeping of the simulation I've been running on my tablet.

"What do you mean?" I ask, dumbstruck.

"I mean, we found her, Tony. It's time to bring her home."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rachel's POV

It has been six months, two weeks, and four days since I've been captured. I keep small tallies on the wall behind my bed, moving it daily to get back there. I counted this morning to check.

It has been two months, a week, and six days since they tried to brainwash me; they failed, obviously. After that one day in the experimentation room, they tried to erase what happened. They wanted to bury what they'd done to me, but I fought it. It worked for a few days, but I was eventually able to piece it together again. 

It has been three weeks since they tried to start training me; my powers have only gotten out of control once. They tried to force me to train, but the panic running through me caused me to lose control, a wave of blue power came tumbling from my hands, scaring me enough to fight the training. No training meant my time was bided by beatings. It still hurts to breathe, one of my ribs still broken and unset. 

I've been learning to suppress my powers on my own. It takes everything I have to push them aside, the force of them overtaking me. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steve's POV

The Quinjet takes off.

Today is the day the Avengers have been waiting for.

Today is the day I've been waiting for.

We are bringing Rachel home.

It's taken months to find her, apparently, she went missing while I was unconscious in the hospital six months ago after D.C. It's taken everything I have not to go looking for her on my own, but Natasha talked some sense into me eventually. 

Natasha told me only a few hours ago, and the Avengers were ready to move. 

Natasha speaks up from the side of the quinjet. "Guys, be careful. This is a stealth mission but it is also a rescue op raiding a HYDRA base. These people will not go down without a fight. You saw what they did to S.H.I.E.L.D. Be ready." 

"Landing in process," Barton states as the plane begins its descent.

"Steve," Tony says, breaking me out of my thoughts. I turn my head to address him. "Be careful," he says, worry filling his features. I nod, then turn to address the team.

"This is a rescue. We find her, we get out. Once we are out, Barton, I'm going to need you to put this place back where it came from." I say, looking straight at Barton. He nods.

"We have touched down," Barton says. "Light the bastards up."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------