Chapter 43

I sigh, just because he's looking hurt does not mean that I'm suddenly going to have some sympathy for him. What he did was basically just cheat on me. Drunk or not, you don't have an excuse for cheating with another person.

His face is flustered, his eyes are trying to read me. I keep my face blank, I don't want to feel anything. I sigh and walk away from him.

He grabs my hand and stops me, "Can't we at least talk ?" He asks me, his voice very soft, weak actually. This is the worst I've ever heard him.

"Nah, it's fine. I'm sure you'd prefer to talk to Sonja. " I give him a smile and yank my arm away. I go back to the kitchen.

"May I come in ?" He asks my sister.

"Yeah, sure. " She points towards the living room. I give her a glare and I mentally scream at Martijn.

I try to finish my tea as quick as possible so that I can go to bed and not have to face him.

"Rose--" he walks in the kitchen but I cut him off, "Don't. " I say and look away. I let my eyes look at everything but him. He sighs and rests his elbow on the counter. He takes a walk back to the lounge, removes his jacket and comes back.

He goes back to his previous position but this time he's facing me. I sip my tea in silence, I have no idea where Roxanne is gone but I don't particularly want to thank her for leaving me alone now.

I don't want to talk to him, I really don't. I used to love just listening to him talk but now, I don't know. I feel like I don't even know him.

My fingers play with my relatively warm mug as I look down at the counter top. It has a glossy finish to it. I finally take my last sip of tea and I put my mug in the sink.

I start to walk towards the guest bedroom, I hear footsteps and hear Martijn following me.

"And just where do you think you're going ?" I stop in my tracks, turn around and sneer at him.

"Fine then. I see you don't want to talk. Just know that I'm sorry. Goodnight, I love you. " he said, maybe he actually meant it.

"Night. " I blankly say and walk away. I get to my bed and I feel like pulling my hair out. He's frustrating me so damn much it's unbelievable.

He knows that I don't want to talk with him but he still tries to follow me to my room so we can talk. It doesn't matter where we are, I'm not talking to him, I'm way to pissed off at him to do anything with him.

Before I walk in to the guest room, I took a look over and I saw him scratching the back of his head and sighing, walking back to the lounge. I faintly hear my sister and Martijn talking.

Soon all the talking stops and I hear footsteps and my sister's door close. I hear someone go to the kitchen and back to the lounge. I stop listening to what's going on and try to just sleep.

I get tucked in and turn on my right side and fall asleep.

It is a bright sunny day and I'm out with Penny and Roxy at some beach. The sand is white and the water is a beautiful tropical blue.

We're wearing matching costumes, it's just different colors, it's the same design and style though. I have black, Penny has a hot pink and Roxanne has purple.

Penny and I are having fun in the water, Roxy doesn't want to get wet. She's tanning her pale skin on a towel, her sunglasses on and her eyes are closed.