Chapter 40

After everybody leaves, we're ready to go, it's just Roxanne left. "Alright, are we all ready to go ?" My mom comes over with her purse.

Roxanne or 'Roxy' as some people like to call her is talking to Raj and his girlfriend, Laura. "Mom!" I call her, stopping her from walking anywhere else, she turns and faces me.

"Yes honey ?" She says.

"What about Roxanne ?" I ask her, indicating that she's still here, in case my mother hasn't noticed.

"She's coming home with us. " she says.

"What ? I don't even know her. " I emphasized the 'know'.

"Well, you're going to get to. I've got to tell you something. " she had a serious face when she said that. This can't be good.

"Roxanne, Rose is going home with her boyfriend, Martijn over there, you're going to come with us, okay ?" My mom informs her.

"Yeah, sure. " she smiles.

Raj says goodbye to Laura, he's going to see her again tomorrow for lunch. We get in our cars and hit the road, it's a twenty minute drive home.

"Babe ?" I call him while we're driving.

"Yes... ?" He replied, taking a quick look over in my direction, eyebrows raised showing that he's interested.

"Something is up, Roxanne is here for something. I just feel it. There's a reason but I don't know why. " I sigh as I tell him.

"Just know that I'm here to support you no matter what happens okay ?" He hushes me.

"I feel drawn to her no," I pause to think of a better word, "connected, I feel connected to her. " I sigh. What could it be ?

I hold his arm which is on the armrest and rest mine next to his. I give his arm a squeeze and lay my head down on his bicep, just below his shoulder.

"It's been such a long day. " he says.

"I know. I just want to go home. " I let out a little yawn at the end of my sentence.

"Who's yours or ours ?" He asks.

"Ours ?" I lift my head and raise my eyebrow at him.

"Too soon ?" He winces and has a worries face.

"Well, we have only been together for a month. " I nod.

"Sorry but I mean, you spend a lot of time there too now so... I just thought..." He trails off quietly as I put my head back on his arm.

"Any one, I don't mind. " I finally answer him.

"I just wanna have a nice shower and get into bed and have you all to myself, watch a good movie and fall asleep. " he lets out a throaty sigh.

We pull into my driveway and we both get out. We enter the house and I go straight to my bathroom to take off my make up and then I remove my heels and put them back in their rightful place.

I have a good warm shower, a very quick one sadly and then put my sweats back on along with my vest. I just had a hot shower so I didn't bother with my cardigan.

I come back down and I see Martijn unbuttoning his blazer and sitting down at the island in the kitchen. I take a seat next to him and bring is right hand down to my lap.

I play with his fingers as everyone comes to the kitchen. "So mom.... You wanted to tell me something ?"I look at her, eager to know.

"Okay, I'm going to but, don't get mad and please don't blame anyone. " she says calmly and I just nod.

"Before your father and I met, he as well got divorced, what he didn't know was that his ex wife was pregnant. The same year that you were born, so was Roxanne over here. " she explained everything.

I froze and just stared at nothing in particular. I have a half sister, that I never ever knew about.

"Okay. " was all I said, in a very quiet voice.

"So you're not mad ?" My mom checks with me.

"No. I'm not mad. I'm just... Shocked, if you can say that. I have a half sister... We're the same age and we've never met until my, sorry our, father's funeral. When did you find out ?" I finally look at my mom when I ask the question.

Martijn rests his left elbow on the table and puts his mouth by his hand and rests his head there, I know he's had a long day and wants to rest, he'll just have to wait a little longer.

"Only a week ago. She reached out to me because she couldn't get a hold of your father. She explained. Everything and how she finally told Roxanne and Roxanne at least wanted to attend the funeral. " she said.

"So, you're my sister. " I spoke very slowly as I turned to look at her. She smiled and nodded.

"Don't worry, I'm not mad. I actually want to get to know you. " I say to her and smile back.

"I would like that. " she took a seat next to me.

"When's your birthday ?" I ask her.

"It's on the twenty third of April. What about yours ?" She asks me.

"Seventh of November. " I answer her just as she answered me.

"Are you studying ?" I question her.

"Yeah but I study online. " she nodded and pursed her lips.

"Really ? Me too. " I let out a giggle.

"That's a coincidence. " she laughs.

"Well, as much as I do want to get to know you, it's late and I'm exhausted. Maybe we can catch up tomorrow or something ? Ask my mom over here for my number and text me. " I say and wake up, letting go of Martijn's hand.

She gets up as well, we give each other a hug and hug my mom and brother as well saying goodbye. Martijn and I get back in the car and now we sit in the car for the next ten minutes or so.

Before we leave he takes off his blazer and hands it over to me. I cover myself with it and get cozy. It has his scent all over it and I'm in love.

"You alright ? You kinda just found out that you have a sister. " he points out.

"I'll be okay, besides, she doesn't seem that bad. " I shrug.

We get to his house and I climb straight into bed, leaving his blazer on the couch in his room. He walks out of his bathroom in a thick sweatpants and a long sleeved Nike shirt.

He gets the tv remote out of his draw and finds a good movie, just like he said. He gives me a kiss and pulls me in for cuddles. We spent our night relaxing and enjoying each other's warmth.

There wasn't much talking but I don't think that either of us minded that.

"I love you. " I said to him randomly while the movie was on.

"I love you more. " he kissed my head, which was resting on the middle of his chest. I managed to slowly fall off to sleep while the movie was on.

He watched the rest of it and switched it off when it finished. He pulled the duvet up to my neck.

A/N:

Bam! She has a half sister. How do you feel about that ? Updating faster for you guys😂

Vote and comment PLEASE

Thanks xx