Chapter 9

I woke up to something touching my arm. I then realized it was someone's fingers and that someone was Martin. His fingers was tracing shapes on my arm.

I open my eyes and let them adjust to the light. My curtains are still drawn so it thankfully isn't that bright.

I turn my face around and look at him. His eyes are closed and his head is resting on his hand. He drapes his hand over my waist and pulls me closer.

I place my hand on his chest and his pink lips form a smile.

"Morning. " I mumble and move closer to him.

"Hmm, good morning. " He says in his morning voice.

I smile against his arm. His voice is so rough and raspy.

"How did you sleep ?" I ask.

"Uhm, I couldn't sleep before I came here but once I was next to you I seemed to fall asleep fine. " He replied.

"That's good." he kissed my forehead just as the door opened.

I jumped up and looked at the door. My mom walked in.
I got out of bed and ran to her. I hugged her super tight and she rested her head on my shoulder.

I felt a few of her tears hit my shoulder and rubbed her back and pulled away.

"You alright sweetie ??" My mom asked.

"Yeah. I'm fine. What about you ?" I asked her.

"I'm getting there honey. Slowly but surely. " She assured me.

"I'll always be here mom. " I softly comforted her.

"I know. So.. Who's that ?" She gestured over to Martin.

She must find it really weird that there's a guy in my bed as soon as I come home.

"Oh, mom. That's Martijn Garritsen also known as Martin Garrix. " I raised my eyebrows smiling.

"I see... So that's the DJ's music that you like so much ?" She bumped me.

"Yes. " I blushed and looked down.

"Hello Martijn. " My mom greeted him.

"Morning mam. I just want to assure you that nothing happened last night. I just couldn't sleep so I came over here and I ended up falling asleep. " He said to her.

"Okay, that's fine. " She smiled.

She left and went downstairs to make breakfast.

"She's really nice.." Martijn smiled at me.

"Yeah, she's a good mom. " I nodded.

"Uh, I'm gonna go freshen up. " I said and pointed to the bathroom door.

"Yeah, I'll go do the same. " He said getting up.

I went into my bathroom and I couldn't help but look at him standing up and stretching, watching his muscles.

I closed the door and face palmed myself. I peed and then washed my hands. I looked at myself. I'm lucky I didn't move a lot otherwise I would be looking so messy.

I opened my hair and combed my finger tips through it, trying to get rid of any knots that might have formed whilst I was sleeping.

I put my hair in a messy but cute bun and I grabbed my toothbrush and opened the tap, I left my toothbrush under the water for a bit and then put some Colgate toothpaste on it.

The toothpaste was blue this time. I started to brush my teeth. When I was done I spat it out and rinsed my mouth a couple of times to get the toothpaste out.

As much as I like fresh breath, I hate the taste of toothpaste. I washed my face with my Garnier face wash and dabbed it dry with my towel.

I got out of the bathroom to go set my bed yet, I find that it was already done... Weird.
I went downstairs to see what's being made for breakfast. I see pancakes.

"Yes! Pancakes, I love them! Thanks mom. " I say and grab my plate and put 2 pancakes on them.

I put some golden syrup on them and put some kiwi on the side of my plate.
I cut my pancakes into small pieces and put one in my mouth.

Martin walked into the room and he looked more neat, he had sorted out his bed hair and he has a back shirt and shorts on.

He sat down next to me by the island and my mom gave him a plate of food.

"Did you make my bed ?" I quietly said to him.

"Uh, yeah. " He scratched the back of his neck.

"Oh, thanks. " I mumbled and he nodded his head in response.

My mom joined us by the island, she sat opposite us though.

"Uhm, I'm sorry for just coming here and staying. I didn't even ask. I'm sorry. I just thought that Rose could use a friend so..." Martijn rambled and apologized to my mom.

"Martijn, I accept your apology although it isn't that much of a problem. I understand that you want to support her. Honestly, you can stay as long as you want. I know that Rose doesn't really have that much friends. " My mom said to him.

"Mom!" I moan at her.

"You don't have much friends ? Are you serious ?" Martin says to me, almost choking on his food.

"No, I don't. " I say and look down.

"Well you have me. " He smiles and pats my knee with his free hand. He held it there for a few seconds and gave it a squeeze before putting it back in his own lap.

I think that this is the start of what could be a very good friendship... Maybe.

A/N : I don't normally do notes at the end but I wanted to apologize for taking so long to update. It's just all the studying and exams. It was my birthday yesterday if anyone cares, just btw. Please vote and comment.

Thanks for reading xx