Chapter 36

My cousin was just trying to make fun of me the whole time. Martijn didn't even speak to her, he just stayed close to me. Some people started to leave so I dashed my eyes over to Penny.

She's staying over so I was wondering if we could sleep in my room together. I turn over to Martijn, my shoulder is like half over his and our legs are touching so.. I guess you can say that we're sitting close.

"I wanna sleep with Penny tonight. " I say quietly to him.

"That's fine babe. " he quietly replies. His hand finds mine and gives it a squeeze.

"Rose ?" My mom says and I look at her across the room.

"Yuppie. " I smile.

"You can go upstairs now. " she nods her head towards the stairs.

"FINALLY. LETS GOO" Penny says and and grabs my hand, ripping me from Martijn.

I stumble after her, up the stairs. She goes straight to my room and closes the door.

"Explain missy. " she crossed her arms.

"Well.. We met at Tomorrowland this year, we went hiking together, that's when we found out that my dad was murdered. I stayed at his hotel for one night --" I was explaining to her but she cut me off.

"You stayed at his hotel ? Girl.. Did you sleep together ?" She asks with a shocked face.

"Well yes, but not sex. " I lift my finger up to her, as in to worn her.

"Hmm, fine. Now continue and, more detail please! " she scolded me.

"He's funny, he teased me a little while we were hiking. He comforted me when my dad was.. Gone. He helped me when I needed it. We only fell asleep together because we were talking. We came back home together, cuddled a bit on the plane. "

"You guys cuddled ?! What does he smell like ??" She put her hands on her face and made a surprised face.

"Uhm, he smells.. Nice. I don't know what he uses but he smells nice. " I said. "Anyway, continuing. He brought me back to my house, he stayed over, he originally slept in the guest room but he ended up sleeping in here. We went for coffee, he punched this guy for me. " I said and patted the bed.

"He what ?? Why ?!" She asked.

"We were walking to the cafe and then there were these bunch of guys and they were commenting and stuff. " I said and she nodded.

"Then he stayed here for a couple of days, he watched my soccer match, we went out for dinner. Okay now I got some explaining to do, just don't tell anyone. " I looked at her.

"Okay let's get comfy first. " she said.

We kicked our shoes off and got onto my bed. We got comfortable, or at least I tried to.

"Wait. " I said.

"What now ?" She sighed.

"I wanna shower. I don't feel comfortable in a dress and with makeup on. " I groaned.

"Fine. We'll shower and get comfy and then we'll talk. " she said.

We went downstairs to get a little bit of jelly because we were feeling for it. We were wobbling it and behaving like little kids.

"Well, we're going to shower. Martijn don't go to your room, Penny is going to be getting dressed there. Bye. " I told them.

We waved and linked arms and walked up the stairs to our separate rooms.

I went to my room, took out a clean pair of underwear and laid it out on the bed.

I went to my bathroom and had a good warm shower. I got out, put my wet hair up in a bun and dried myself with my towel.

My feet tapped on the tiles as I walked in my room, the soft carpets greeted my feet. I looked in my drawers and pulled out my grey Nike sweatpants and I found a nice comfy long sleeved shirt.

"Honey I'm home!!" I hear Penny shout and barge through my doorway. She closed the door and ran and sat back down.

"Continue now pleaseeee. " she says.

"Alright, well. You know the people that killed my dad ?" I asked we as I sat down on my bed.

"That gang ? Yup. " she said.

"Well, they're kinda looking for me now. The police have been following them. That's why there's always a police officer outside our house. " I explained to her.

"You know, that makes sense now. " she pursed her lips and nodded.

"So, for the past few days I've been staying at Martijn's house with even more security. Then, someone broke in and tried to find us. So nothing much happened after that. " I ended it, hopefully.

"Wow... That's a lot to take in Roseanne. Like, A LOT. " she sighs and opens her eyes wide.

"Yeah, I know. " I lifted my eyebrows.

"And.. Where are you guys relationship wise ??" She wiggles her eyebrows.

"Well, we're dating, we kissed and that's about it. " I shrugged.

We spent the rest of the night in my room watching movies and judging the characters.

Someone knocked on my door.

"Come in. " called Penny.

"It's me. " Martijn opened the door and popped his head in.

"Hi you. " I smiled.

"Just came to say goodnight, love. " he walked in and closed the door.

"I'm gonna pee. " says Penny and she hops off the bed and skips to my bathroom.

Martijn sat down by me and hugged me. He tucked his head into my neck.

"You know, I'm gonna miss smelling your hair. " he groans.

"You smell my hair ?" I laughed at him.

"It smells nice. I'm gonna miss cuddling you. " he held me tighter.

"Hey, it's just one night and maybe, just maybe, I'll sneak out in the morning and come to your room. "  I put my hand on his arm.

"Well, that sounds like a splendid idea. " he kissed my neck. I like the way 'splendid' sounds with his accent.

"Go sleep, you look drained. " I played with his hair.

"Okay. " he lifted his head up and kissed me.

"Goodnight Hun. " he kissed my forehead.

"Goodnight Marty. " I let go of his hand.

"Goodnight Penny!" Martijn shouted just as he was going.

"Night Martin!" She called back.

Goodnight indeed.