Chapter 33

"So what does your family know me as ?" Martijn asks me just before we go inside the house.

"Just a friend but I think I'll tell my mom now that we're kind of a thing. " I say to him.

He grabs my shoulder before I walk inside the house, "What do you mean 'kind of a thing' !? " he asks with his eyebrows crossed.

"Okay we are a thing but, I'm not directly saying that. She's smart, she'll get it. I'm not going to straight forward tell her 'oh hi mom! You know Martijn ? Yeah well, we're dating. ' I don't think she would be that pleased with me staying over at your place then now, would she ?" I ended my rant with a straight face.

"Okay she probably won't. You got a good point. " he agreed with me.

We finally entered the house and then I went to my brother and hugged him.

"How are you ?!" I nudged him on his arm with my elbow.

"Haha, I'm good Rose, what about you and Martin ?" He asks us.

"I'm good. Martin is well, Martin. " I answer.

My brother and I laugh at that and Martijn shoots me a playful glare which made me laugh harder.

"Is that you Rose !?" I hear my mom happily shout from upstairs.

"Yes mother. " I reply in a kind tone.

"I'll be down in a few. " she said.

I left Martijn and Raj and went into the kitchen. I was opening draws and seeing what we have at home. I opened the fridge and they both walked in.

"What are you doing ?" Raj asked in a tone as if I'm going a bit mad since I had left a couple of draws open.

In my defense, they were open because I wanted something from them. "I'm just looking for ingredients and seeing what groceries we have in here. " I replied to him.

I hear my mom's footsteps as she comes down the stairs. She walks in.

"Martijn! Rose! How wonderful to see you two again!" She has a big smile on a face and she even hugs Martijn. I see Raj stifle a smile out the corner of my eye.

"Thank you for helping me today sweetie, it means a lot. There's so much to do!" She exclaims, going from one thing to the other.

"Well, what do you want to make ?" I ask her.

"I was thinking we could have some chips in a bowl as a snack, some soda or water if anyone is thirsty. I also want there to be some sweets and chocolates around. Maybe some biscuits ?" She suggest.

"I really like that. There's something for everyone. What about lunch ?" I ask her.

"I was thinking like a really nice pasta, some rice, a nice curry and some soup with croutons on the side if anyone wants. " she says as she walks around the kitchen.

"That honestly sounds perfect to me. What if I made some cupcakes ?" I ask, trying to be more helpful.

"For when ?"

"Maybe after dinner ?" I shrug.

"That's fine with me, now let's get cracking!" She claps her hand.

I get out everything that was needed and as does she. We line them up very neatly in the kitchen counter so we know what we're working with.

Raj has seemed to have disappeared along with Martijn somewhere around the house doing who knows what.

"What takes the longest to make ?" I question, thinking about it.

We stay silent as all the dishes go through our heads.

"I think I should start the cupcakes because they still need to bake, cool, then I need to make the icing and ice them all up. " I think on it.

"Okay, I'll write down a list of things that I'll need and go do a quick trip to the supermarket to pick them up. " she said.

She excused herself from the kitchen and went back upstairs whilst writing the list to find her purse.

I look for the ingredients for the chocolate cupcakes I had in mind.

When she comes back down we all gather in the kitchen.

"Would you like any of us to go with you to the store ?" Martijn asks her.

"No thanks, in think I can handle this, thanks Hun. " she smiles at him.

"Rose, any last minute things you want me to buy before I go ?" She asks.

"Some puff pastry and baking chocolate please!" I request as I run around the kitchen, opening draws trying to find the correct utensils.

She nods and writes it down and then leaves.

"Well, I'll be in my room, Martijn, you can join me if you'd like. " says Raj as he walks away, going up the stairs to his room.

I start to combine the wet ingredients together in a bowl and then a dry one in the other. I start to slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir it.

"May I help with something ?" Martijn says as he hugs me with one of his arms from my left side.

"What exactly do you want to do ?" I ask him, as I try to take all the lumps out of the shiny brown mixture in front of me.

"I can do that for you. " he shrugs and pulls me closer.

"Okay then, you do that while I put some things away and wash some dishes. " I say to him as I hand over the bowl to him.

"Wait, before I do that. " he says, then he grabs my face and kisses me.

I put the bowl down just in case I spill or drop any of the batter and hold his arms.

"Hey guys, do you kno-- oh! What do we have here ?" My brother walks in on us. SHIT.

"Nothing. " I say and let go of him.

"It didn't look like nothing to me. " he smiles and walks away.

Ugh. I don't want to be teased about it.

"I'm sorry babe. " he apologizes and looks down.

"It's fine, it's not your fault. " I smile at him.

"Will everything be okay ?" He asks me.

"I think so. But let's not worry about it now. " I hug him.

"I love you. " he kisses my forehead.

"I love you too. " I squeeze him.

A/N :
Seriously thank you guys so much for being patient. School is legit killing me with work.
I'm sooo tired!! 
Anyway, you know I love your thoughts.

Vote and comment PLEASE
Thanks xx