Chapter 10

While Martijn went to shower I helped my mom with the dishes. As we were putting them away my brother woke up and came to the kitchen to hunt for food.
He put some pancakes on his plate and went to the lounge to eat and watch television.

My mom told me that we can't do the funeral until they finish the autopsy and investigation.
That kind of sucks really. She told me what happened and I don't really know how to reply to her so I just showed a sympathetic smile.

I went to talk to my brother in the lounge. We're only related because of my mother. So he's fully Indian but not from India.

My mom was married before to an Indian man before she married my dad, a white man.
They had some family complications because they were different races but they didn't care because they loved each other so much.

He's sitting on the couch and watching the highlights of the football matches that were on last night (A/N : soccer for some of you).

"Hey. " I greet him, he just nods, not saying a word.

Martin comes downstairs with wet hair and he's in black jeans and a dark grey sweater. I think he looks pretty cute.

"Who's he ?" My brother muttered.

"This is Martijn. He's my friend, he's staying here for a little while, I guess. " I explained to him.

"Hi..." Martin said, waiting for a name.

"Raj. I'm Raj. Hello Martijn. " Raj said, trying to pronounce Martijn correctly but failed.

"Just call me Martin, I don't mind. " Martijn shrugged.

"Alright. "

We sat there for a little while just watching the telly. The news comes on and it's about my dad. My brother instantly switched the television off and left the room.
I guess this whole situation is really hurting him.

"Uhm, I wanna go have a shower now. What do you wanna do ?" I ask Martin.

"Uhm, well.. you can go, take your time. Maybe we can go for a walk when you're done ? I'll just be on my laptop working on new songs and stuff. " He offers.

"Yeah, that sounds perfect. " I agreed.

We walked up the stairs together before going our separate ways.

"Don't slip van Hijt. " He joked.

"I shall try not to. " I laughed and entered my room.

I stripped off my pajamas and turned on the shower and waited for the water to get hot.

I untied my hair and got in.
I let the water go over my whole body, engulfing it with warmth. I just absolutely love the feeling of warm water hitting against my skin.

I scrub myself with my body wash which was lux twilight. (A/N : idk if you guys heard of it or use it but it smells so amazing and feels so good, I promise. X) I use my anti dandruff shampoo for my hair and once again wash my face using my Garnier face wash.

I took quite a long shower, twenty five minutes. I got out and dried myself. My bathroom is so steamy now.
I wrap my purple towel around my body and make my way to my room and to my wardrobe.

I pick out some denim jeans and a football shirt. Liverpool Football Club to be exact. Yes, I'm a huge Liverpool fan. I get it from my dad.

You can say that my mom taught me 'ABC' while my dad taught me 'LFC', hahaha.

I comb my hair a little bit and leave my face natural. No make up at all. I find my cute black suede ankle boots and slip them on. I can hear the heels on the wooden floor of the passage way.

I knock on Martin's door but I don't get a reply or hear any noise at all. I knocked again and still nothing.
I decide to just open the door.
So I do.

Martin is sat at the desk, chair facing away from the door, headphones on and laptop open.
I then just get the idea to scare him. The question is how ?

I quickly think of a plan. I go back to my room and get my fake toy snake. It looks really real, it's just made out of rubber.
I don't even know why I have this but it seems like it's coming in handy now.

I walk as softly and quietly as I could so that he doesn't know I'm there. I'm crouching a little so that he doesn't see any shadows or sense that I'm behind him.

I push the snake forward so that it's by the chair leg. I move it a bit so that he can see the motion. He looks as if he's about to look so I quickly back away and stand up.

He finally looks down and he immediately throws off his headphones and jumps up and screams. He backs away from it and I start laughing so hard.

"Rose!!" He shouts.

"I-" I couldn't finish my sentence. I was laughing to hard.

He picks me up and throws me on the bed. Before I know it, he's tickling me. I beg him to stop for about 2 minutes then he actually listens.

He helps me up and I'm so sore from laughing. It's not even funny.
He logs out of his computer and grabs his wallet.

"Let's go shall we ?" He asks.

"We shall. " I say.

He motions for me to lead the way out of the house and I do. Before I leave I just tell my mom that we're going out and she says okay but to just be careful.

I close the door and Martin now leads the way since he knows where we're going.

"I know this cool cafe not far from here. They make really good coffee and they have comfy couches to sit on. Do you want to go there ?" He asks.

"Yeah, sure. Anything is fine with me. " I replied.

As we're halfway there we're on a really quiet road but there's a bunch of guys ahead of us. Martin protectively wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me closer.

"Just stay close to me please. They don't seem like good people. " He says, he lips brush against my ear.

"Hey hottie. " One of the guys says to me and reached for me.

"Oh fuck off pal. " Martin growls.

"Can't you share ? Shit, just think about what it'd be like. Having a threesome with her. Taking her from-" he got cut off because Martin punched him.

The guy was instantly knocked out and it was just one punch. Wow, Martin must be really strong.

He came back to my side and put his arm back around my waist. He guided us away from them and we were soon at the cafe. We chose a good comfy couch and Martin went to order us some regular coffee.

"Rose, I'm really sorry about what happened just now. I should've chosen another route or something. " He said.

"Martijn, it's fine. You didn't know that they were going to be there. It's not your fault. " I say.

"It is my fault." He says and looks down.

I grab his hand and look at it. It's bruised already. I gently run my finger over it and he winces.

"Sorry and also thank you. " I say.

"Anytime, Love. " He smiles.

His knuckles were bruised. For me. Is he my protector ?

A/N : yay. Double update. Enjoy. Please comment and vote !!