Chapter 38

"Wakey wakey," I faintly hear as I'm coming to my senses. Martijn leans down and presses a kiss to my forehead.

"We have to get up now babe. " He says. I still don't really move so he kisses me. I somehow managed to kiss him back in my sleepy state.

"Let's get ready for breakfast, yeah ?" He lifts his eyebrows and I open my eyes. He gets out of the bed and puts on a comfy sweater, it's a bit chilly this morning actually.

"Yeah, it was in my jacket. " he spoke. I huff and take my hands out from under the duvet, I rub my eyes to make me feel more awake. The chill hits my hands a bit and I groan. I sit up and my arms feel chilly now too.

Damn me for wearing a tank top.

Martijn returns with my phone in his hand. "Sometimes you're just the cutest thing ever. " he says and he ruffles my hair.

I sit there with my eyebrows crossed, I'm pouting and my arms are folded. "I hate you. " I say to him as I fix my hair. "I love you more sweetheart. " he replied as he went out his room and to the bathroom across the hallway.

I got out of bed and went to the window. I opened the curtains and I can see little drips on the window. The dew on the grass is shining. The sky is back to being blocked by the clouds.

As if this day could be any worse. It's already my father's funeral.

I feel my stomach churn and now I want breakfast. I stride over to my room and find Penny there, she's just waking up too. She's brushing her teeth.

"How was your night ?" She wiggled her eyebrows.

"It was good. How was yours ?" I ask her.

"It was good, I had the bed all to myself. " she smiled.

I go to my bathroom and pee, I wash my hands and then go on to brushing my teeth. Just as I walk out into my room, Penny walks in.

As I'm doing little circles on my teeth with my brush, Penny finished and comes out after giving her face a wash.

"Your letter was actually quite hilarious. " she giggles.

"Why thank you. " I say with the brush still in my mouth and bow down.

I finish brushing my teeth and give my face a wash as well. I know that my bun is extra messy but who cares ? Right ? It's just breakfast.

I go to my cupboard and search for something a bit warmer. "Well, I'm gonna head down, I'm starving." She said, rubbing her belly.

I take my black long cardigan, that's open in the front, off the hanger and slip it into my shoulders. It warms me up and that's when I head down for breakfast.

On the way down the stairs I meet Raj. "Morning brother. " I said to him as I joined him. "Morning sis. " he greeted me back.

We proceeded together until we got to the kitchen. Martijn and Penny just got their plates of food from my mother. My brother nudged my arm and whispered to me "Go along with this. "

I decided to trust him so I just nodded.

"But what about us mommy ?" Raj whined and flung is arms about like a little kid.

"Yeah we're hungry too. " I pouted.

"We want food. " we said and stomped out feet, acting like two year olds.

Penny and Martijn were trying to hide their laughs. My mother just smiled and shook her head, "Oh shush you two, there you go. " she said, she gave us our plates and we all went to sit down.