Chapter 34

A/N :
My apologies for taking so long! I'm actually sick at the moment and I'm at home from school so I decided to write the next chapter.
Enjoy xx.

There was a kind of a funny feeling in my stomach after that. My brother just caught Martijn and I, and it's not as if we were just hugging or something, we were kissing!!

I hope my mom won't have a problem with it, that's if she finds out. I don't want my brother to be the one to tell her though, that wouldn't be very nice.

The cupcakes are in the oven and Martijn is just sitting on a chair, leaning forwards with his elbows on the counter top.

My family never knew about Sean. I wouldn't even want them to know that I was with a jerk like that.
Sean absolutely does not know how to treat a lady properly.

"What do I have to do next ?" I ask Martijn.

"Uhm, the icing ?" He says, well, it sounds more like he's asking.

"No, now I think that I actually want to do that later so then the icing will be nice and cool and also it would be nice and fresh. " I sigh.

"Well, what else do you have to make ?" He asks.

"There's pasta, curry, soup, snacks to get ready, also there's this other thing I want to make, and maybe we could just make pizza's for dinner because there'll also be some kids around. " I say.

"That sounds good to me. " he agrees.

"I don't want to start with pasta because that's very quick to make. The curry I'm not sure what type we're making and anyway, I would prefer to have my mom's opinion on that. " I say.

"Well then, that leaves the soup to be made. Come on, get going. " Martijn says and claps his hands at me.

I laugh at him, "What are you doing ?" I ask with an eyebrow raised and a smile on my face.

"I'm trying to get you to work missy!" He puts the emphasis on 'I'm' and 'you'.

I stay silent trying to think of a soup to make, there's so many options. My mom comes through the door with a ton of shopping bags.

Martijn gets up to give her a hand with those. "Oh thank you dear! " she smiles at him.

"Is there more ?" He asks her as he sets the other packets down, I saw his muscles flex.

"Yeah, they're in the car. " my mom answers as she goes back outside.

"Hmm, I'll be back babe. " Martijn says in my ear as his hands are on my hips from behind me and he kisses my neck.

I bite my lip and try to concentrate on a soup. I look in all the packets and take note of them as I try to think of something. Wow, she bought a lot.

I know what I want to make! I know!! I want to make my Dad's favorite soup... It tastes good and it's for him anyway.

"Momma. " I say as she walks back in the kitchen with Martijn trailing behind, altogether there are four more bags.

"Yesssss. "She says in a weird way.

"I think I wanna make the soup..."

"If you want to. " she shrugs and starts to take some things out the packet.

"I want to make dad and I's favorite soup mom. " I look at her.

"That's... Well... That's very thoughtful of you Rose, I think it's a good idea. It's a good thing I bought some chili flakes. Ha! Catch!" She says and throws a little container of chili flakes at me. I catch it and put it down on the counter. 

"Thanks mom! " I say and turn around to get the stuff for the soup.

"You're welcome honey. " she speaks back in her calm voice.

I get the sweetcorn out and put it in a pot to boil. I turn the stove on medium so it's not too hot and not too cold. I need to keep a good eye on it.

"Can I help with anything else ?" Martijn offers, just standing there.

"Uhmm, put everything that's cold in the fridge and freezer except for the puff pastry. " my mom says to him.

"Wait, Rose, are you gonna use the puff pastry now ?" My mom asks.

"I can, I can use it while the soup is cooking. " I nod at her.

"I can look after the soup while you do that! If you want ?" Martijn says.

"Uhmm, sure. Why not ?" I shrug, "But if you ruin the soup I'll ruin your hair. " I turn around and say to him, he gives me a glare and I in return, give him and angelic smile.

"Just let me know when you're done with that. " I say to him as I turn back around.

I have to admit he's being really helpful and it's cute. He's being really nice to my mother, he's listening to all her instructions. I love it when he smiles and you can see the wrinkles by his eyes!

After about a good five minutes I hear all his shuffling done. "I'm done!" He says and goes over to the sink to wash his hands and make sure they're nice and clean.

He comes over to me and stands really close and puts his arms on the counter and looks at me very patiently.

"Come on now. " he says.

"Okay, here you go, as the sweetcorn gets made mash them up, they'll be really soft and then slowly add a little
more water. Got it ?" I raise both my eyebrows.

"Yes mam. " he solutes me.

"Good, thank you. " I smile at him.

"You're welcome. " he smiles back.

I go get the puff pastry which is now soft enough to use. I'm using two sheets. I cut an equal number of hearts and stars out of them. I keep any remains dough aside.

I get the milk and pour just a little bit into a little container and get a brush. I brush the milk over the shapes. Then, I take a food coloring cap because it's really really small in diameter and cut little holes in them but only on one sheet of the shapes.

"Everything going good there ?" I ask him as I turn around and walk to the sink to wash all the milk off of my hands.

"Yup, it's good. " he gives me a thumbs up.

"What about you mom?" I ask her.

"I'm just about to start the curry. " she answers me.

I walk over to Martijn and put the oven on preheat, I don't even tell him to move so my hand just brushes is thigh. His breath hitches, I give him a sly smile.

A/N:

Thank you thank you thank you!
Thank you for being so patient. School is killing me with work and plus I need sleep and a social life.
I got to bed absolutely exhausted every night. I'm not sure if you guys will like this chapter but if you do that's great!

Vote and comment PLEASE

Thanks xx