Chapter 31

"Well you're not forgiven. " I turn my head away.

He puts his nose to the back of my neck by my hair. "May I at least ask why ?" He says, his breath going down my neck.

"Because it's not fair, now let me go. " I whine at him.

"Never. " he growls and I am not too sure whether he meant it to be playful or not.

He wraps his arms tightly around me and lifts me up. I wriggle and kick my legs to try and break free but he still holds on somehow. He sets me on the island in the middle so that I'm trapped once again.

My legs are on either side of him and I can't move even if I wanted to because his arms are on either side of me, not letting me leave.

"How is it unfair ?! I'm the one that's bloody rich! You're the girl that I li-love. I'm trying to be the good boyfriend you deserve and I get scolded for it!!" He almost shouts at me.

"You're not even trying to at least understand why I did what I did. " he scoff at him. 

"I don't care if I brought you back home from fucking Africa! It barely puts a dent in my bank account, my flight was paid for already. I don't care if I spend money on you, I've got enough to support us both. " he booms!

"Please stop shouting." I say quietly and look down.

"Shit! I'm sorry okay. I'm sorry I'm not a good boyfriend. " he leaves me and starts to walk away.

Not a good boyfriend ?! What the hell !?

I go after him and catch him by his arm just before he reached the stairs.

"Not a good boyfriend ? Martijn, what the actual shit are you even talking about ?!" I cross my eyebrows at him.

"Well, I made you irritated and mad. " he points out.

"I don't mind that. I don't want a perfect relationship. Every couple fights. The good couples solve the problems. " I grab his large hand with both of my tiny ones.

"Well, let's solve it then. " he ushers.

We go up to his room and he sits on the bed. I sit crossed legged opposite him.

"What do you want me to do ?" He asks, looking straight at me with his grey eyes.

"Let me spend my money on you Martijn. " I plead him.

"But I don't want you to spend money on me. " he said.

"And I don't want you spending money on me so... It's either we spend money on each other or we don't spend any money on each other at all. Your choice. " I say and fold my arms.

"Alright fine, we shall spend money on each other. " he sighs.

He opens his arms and I crawl over to him and lie down in them.

"I'm sorry. " he says into my hair.

"Me too. " I reply into his shoulder.

After a few moments of silence I decided to ask him about that even he's playing at.

"So, where are you playing again ?" I ask him.

"Los Angeles. " he replies in his Dutch accent.

"Awesome. How many people ?" I question.

"Uhmm, a couple of thousand. It's this chicks birthday and she's having a huge party. I don't remember her name. " he replied.

Just then I heard his stomach make noise and right after, so did mine. We laughed and got up to go find something to eat.

I stopped by a mirror and tried to neaten my hair since it had gotten untidy from laying on him and moving, also because I didn't brush it for the couple of days while I was with him in the hospital.

He notices that I am not following him anymore from the lack of sound of footsteps so he stops and turns around.

"Ugh. " he sighs and turns around. "You look perfect now hurry up. " he says while walking down the stairs.

After I decide it looks good enough my feet pad down the stairs as well. "What day is it ?" I ask him as I enter the kitchen.

"It's Wednesday, why ?" He questions as he bends down to look in the draws for something.

"I got to go home tomorrow. " I state.

"What-- ow!" He said and hit his head on the top of the drawer, "Why are you going back home ?" He asked a little too fast as he stood up to face me, holding a bag.

I think the bag says flap jacks, it's probably a ready made mixture.

"Uhm, my family is coming. The funeral is in two days. " I explain.

"Oh. Okay.  Must I leave you there or is someone coming to pick you up babe ?" He offers.

"Uhm, I'll see. " I shrug.

"Well, I'm going to make flap jacks. You can sit and relax or something. " he says to me.

"Hey!" I exclaimed at him, "you're the patient, I should be doing things for you. Sit down. " I order him.

"Nope. There's no way in hell I'm just going to sit down again. I'm so tired of it. I'll take it easy, calm yourself. " he hushes me.

I huff and sit down on a chair by the island in the middle. I take out my phone and talk to my mother.

Me: hi mom!
Mom: hello, how have you been ?
Me: I'm okay... You ?
Mom: alright. The Fam is coming tomorrow.
Me: yeah, about that... I was wondering if you're picking me up or if Martijn is going to have to drop me off ?
Mom: he can come.. If he wants to, invite him. If you want him to come to the funeral as well, it's fine by me. How's it been over there the past few days ?
Me: it's been okay. I do really enjoy his company.
Mom: ;) I know. Bye honey, I'll talk later. I have some things to do.
Me: oh hush mom! Okay bye :)

I put my phone down on the island and lean on it with my arms.

"I'm just going to leave out the eggs. Do you think it will still taste fine ?" He wonders.

"Yeah. It should be fine. " I say.

He's whisking the mixture and I see the muscles in his arms flex. Hmm..

"Mom ?" He asks, referring to who I was texting just now.

"Yup. " I reply and I pop the 'p'.

"I was wondering..." I say.

"About ?"

"Well, uhm. Would you like to come with me tomorrow and also to the funeral ? I mean, you don't have to if you don't want to so, it's okay. " I say really fast.

"I'll..." He gives some thought for a minute and stops mixing the batter, "I'll come. " he says and continues stirring it.

He then takes out a pan and and large bowl.

"Get the syrup out of the fridge. " he smirks.

A/N:
How was this chapter ? Do you want Martijn to take Rose to LA with him ?
Do you think Martijn might change his mind at last minute ?
I want to hear your thoughts!

Vote and comment PLEASE

Thanks xx