Chapter 4

"Heya sugar !" Martin greeted me as I sat down after dumping my hiking bag in the backseat.

"Heya honey !" I sarcastically say, putting in my seatbelt.

"I missed you babe !!" He pouts and leans over and kisses my cheek.

"Missed you too Marty. " I turn away blushing.

"Don't call me that. " He says with gritted teeth like a little kid, starting the car.

"I'll call you what you want. " I smiled sarcastically at him.

He huffed as a reply.

"I didn't know you can drive. " I say.

"Well, uhmm, not legally but I can drive. I'm perfectly capable of it. " he said while taking a turn.

"I need the directions, love. " He says while pointing to the gps.

I take it and type in the address of the place. I place it where he can see it so he can follow the directions.

"Turn right in 100m. " the manly voice of the gps said.

"What did you do to my girl !!!" He said as his eyes widened at the manly voice.

"Well, I don't like females. I prefer to listen to males. So, I changed the settings. " I explained.

"Now, please, explain to me why you don't have your license..." I went on.

"Well, even though I'm old enough, I guess I just don't have the time and I'm always getting driven around to get to this place and that place and I'm constantly on my planes flying to different cities and countries. " he explains.

"Hmm, I get it now. " I nodded.

We drove past the beach and the sky was slowly getting brighter as the sun had started to rise. Very few cars were actually on the road.

We went on a winding road and we were going higher and higher. Martijn is driving some Jeep, I'm not sure which one it is, I'm not good with cars, I know the famous ones though, just the names.

"This so beautiful! " I checked the gps and we were 400m above sea-level.

"Just like you. " Martin says and looks over to me and puts a hand on my knee.

"That's one of the cheesiest lines ever. " I shake my head.

"Good enough for you though ?" He cocks and eyebrow.

"Hmm, I think you're gonna have to try a little harder over there Martijn Garritsen. " I smile.

"I'll do whatever it takes Ms. Van Hijt. "

He switched some music on and John Mayer starts to play. I start to bob my head and sing along quietly to the lyrics.

"Do you like this kind of music ?" He asks, his eyes still looking ahead at the road.

"Yes, I grew up listening to this. " I look out the window.

"Rose, why don't you have much of a Dutch accent ??" He asks very curiously.

"Well, I never spoke Dutch actually. I did try learning but I'm really horrible. " my voice laced with embarrassment.

There was a few moments of silence before he spoke again.

"So... you live in Netherlands, you are Dutch, you grew up there yet you never bothered to learn the language ?" He says, probably ready to laugh.

"Precisely. " I replied and he laughed a little.
"Stop laughing Martijn!" I cross my arms.

"But, listen to it though. Think about it. " He said in between laughing.