Chapter 13

Well today I got up early and left Martijn to sleep.
I went to my room and had a quick shower. No one else was awake so I had to be quiet.

I got out and dressed in my sweatpants and a t-shirt and a matching jacket for my pants.
I got myself some cereal without milk because well, I really don't like dairy products.

Once I've finished that I down some water and then get myself some fruits.
I take my bowl to the lounge and poke my fruit with my fork. I decide to go sit outside on the grass instead.

Yeah, well... I'm weird like that.

I take a seat on the grass and watch the birds chirp and fly around.
The grass is a little wet but I don't really mind.

The sky is still a pinkish color.

I have a football match today. It's the final... I'm the captain of the team so I have to be there and I have to be the example for my team even if we're losing.

Our team color is blue. We've never lost a game this whole season.
This is our one shot at winning this league.

I've been looking forward to this match for such a long time. The whole team has worked so hard.

I finish my fruit and I went back inside. I wake up and when I turn around Martijn is leaning against the doorway, just standing there with his arm folded and he's staring at me.

"Morning." I say as I pass him.

"Hey, Love. " He smiled and closed the door and walked after me.

"Hungry ?" I asked him.

"Nah, not really. You're up early..." he says.

"Well, uhmm... Yeah. I've actually got a football match today. That's why. " I explained.

"Really ? What time ?" He asks.

"At one o'clock. You can come and watch the match if you want ?" I offer him.

"I would love to! What do I wear though ??" He asks.

"Our team is blue. So, blue. " I tell him.

"Uhmm, okay. I just have to go over to my place and get a blue shirt. " He explained, stretching his arms out and yawning.

"Oh. Let me guess why. You mainly only packed black. " I sarcastically say.

"Hmm, you know me too well, love. " He laughs.

"So how are you feeling ?" I say and walk over to him.

"Better now. Thanks for the tablet and thanks for the cuddles. It was much needed. " He says and pulls my head by my neck to him and presses his lips against my forehead.

"I'm going for a run now. You can go to your place in the mean time. " I tell him.

"Or, we could both run to my place and then I can pack another bag with clean clothes and we can drive back instead. " He proposes.

"Hmm, not bad. Okay. Eat and get ready. I'll just be on my phone talking to my coach. " I say.

He goes upstairs to change into long track pants and a long sleeved shirt. He has his bright blue Nikes on. The one he used when we went hiking.

He goes to the kitchen and eats some fruits.

I in the meantime text my coach.

Coach Jeff : you ready for today champ ?
Me : as ready as I'll ever be :/
Coach Jeff : okay now since you've been away to South Africa we have done practices. We have changed the formation for today's match. I'm sorry to hear about your dad btw.
Me : okay. That's cool. What's the formation ? And thanks...
Coach Jeff : the formation is now 4-2-4. I want us to be more attacking for today. Are you sure you don't want to sit this one out ?
Me : I won't have a problem adjusting to that and no way will I sit this one out. I've worked too damn hard for this match and anyway, I'm sure my dad would want me to play.
Coach Jeff : yeah he would. He's proud of ya' champ. I know he is. He will be watching over you today, no doubt. I'm proud of you to.
Me : thanks Coach.
Coach Jeff : come by one and a half hours early. We're gonna train and get you guys prepared.
Me : alright. Thanks. See you later.
Coach Jeff : yeah. Bye.

My coach is pretty cool. He's about 25 and he was good friends with my dad. They talked a whole lot about football.

"I'm ready!" Martin calls as he's coming down the stairs with his overnight bag.

"Alright. Let's go. "

I quickly leave a note on the kitchen counter explaining to my mom and brother where we're gone and why.

I close the door behind me and I jog beside Martijn.

"Do you run a lot ?" I ask him.

"Not a lot but now and then when l feel that I need it, I do. " He replied.

"You wanna know something ?" I ask and laugh a little.

"What little missy ?" He pokes his tongue out.

"Don't call me that! And well, your morning voice is so cute. " I blush as I admit.

"Uhmm, well thanks love. " He says and blushes as well, he just looks the opposite way.

After 15 mins of jogging we arrived at the front of his house. It's bloody huge.

He set his bag down on his porch and searched for his keys.
I found them and unlocked his gate and door. He waited for me to go in and then stepped in himself and locked the gate and door.

"The kitchen is to your right. Go have some water. I'll just go upstairs and have a shower. I won't be too long. I'll come back soon and give you a tour of the place. The lounge is the room straight across. Feel free to watch some television or you can wonder around. " He said before running upstairs.

Okaaaay. I help myself to a glass of water and then I go to the lounge. Man this place is huge and everything is modern.

I sit down and switch on the tv. I watch some comedy show and by the time it ends Martijn is back.

"Tour time ?" Asked Martijn.

"Sure. " I smiled and switched the tv off.

He showed me all around he house. He even has a walk in closet and all of his Nikes are just arranged by color order on shelves.
His clothes are the same. He doesn't have much color there though.

He has a little gym room. There's a treadmill, weights and abductor and adductor machines.

There's his computer room where he keeps his computer, his laptops and yes I said laptops, he has more than one. There so many speakers in this room !

Once he was done he took me back to his room. We went to his closet to find him clothes.

"What about this ? I like this shirt. You can wear it later today. " I say and take one of his blue shirts of the rack and hold it out for him to see.

"Yeah. " He walks over to me and takes a look at it.

He takes it from me and puts it down. He faces me again and pulls me closer.

"You know Rose, I really care about you. " He says.

"I care about you too. " I reply.

"I don't want to hurt you. Ever. " He whispers and brings one of his hands up to my neck.

"Mmhmm" I hum.

He brings his face closer to mine so that our foreheads are touching.

"I wanna try something. " He whispers. I feel his breath fan against my face.

"Go ahead. " I give him full permission.

He closes his eyes and his lips brushes against mine.
His hand that's on my waist, pulls me closer.

I stand on my tippy toes and close the gap between us.

Our lips mold together in the perfect shape. We stay like that for a little while and he pulls his mouth back, releasing mine.

I open my eyes and I see his beautiful ones staring back at mine. He hasn't let go of me.

Not yet.

A/N: okay so the girl in the picture. What do you think about her ? I'm picturing her as Rose. I really need your comments on this one and aww they finally kissed.

Please vote and comment.

Thanks xx.