twenty five.

FRIENDS.
025. ❛ that just went south.

________

________

jenna 💃🏻:
Looks like I'm not going to
make it to Georgia for the girls
night we intended.

Well, I can't let that room go to waste. I had it all decked out for our girls night.

jenna 💃🏻:
I'm sorry babe but I just got swamped with a bunch of work for DWTS.

jenna 💃🏻:
I really wanted to be there with y'all since we are so far away from each other.

But you get to hang out with Dad, we don't have that luxury because we're filming here in Georgia.

jenna 💃🏻:
Yeah. Around this time it's probably best for Dad not to be alone.

Is it because if Mom?

jenna 💃🏻:
I guess it's always going to be Mom. We remind him so much of her and it's a reminder that she's not here. Although Kate has been coming around and caring for him.

Like any best friend would do.

jenna 💃🏻:
I just can't believe it's going to be almost 10 years without her. It looked like a lifetime.

jenna 💃🏻:
But it doesn't even feel like that long.

It's like yesterday we were just watching the Flintstones and the Smurfs on Sunday morning.

jenna💃🏻:
Days like those are the ones I miss. When we were together, as a family. Happy.

I do too.
But we're still pretty happy.

jenna 💃🏻:
Wow, we just went south.

I think we all go South everyday without her here. But I kind of lean on Penelope to not make me fall into a pit of depression.

jenna 💃🏻:
If there's something Mom always said,

The pain you have been feeling, can't compare to the joy that is coming.

jenna 💃🏻:
I guess you have to find your joy even in the sadness of times.
Have you not seen Inside Out?

I have. Cried like a baby.
More than Penelope or Chris.

jenna 💃🏻:
Well with every joy there is a sadness attached.

Let's just hope that the joy I do have, stays in my life because I am sure as hell in ready to let that go.