Chapter 1

Everything in the world seemed normal, or rather, boring, at least that's what I used to believe. But my perspective on the world changed rapidly, more than I had ever anticipated.

It all started when my mother introduced me to the existence of the supernatural world. At first, I thought she was delusional, but she gradually presented me with undeniable proof. Every day, I found myself confronted with the surreal reality that the world teemed with supernatural beings. And as if that revelation wasn't enough, I discovered that I wasn't just an ordinary girl.

Hello, I'm Stella Argent, a werewolf hunter. No, not the same Stella Argent who engages in criminal activities and constantly skirts the edge of getting arrested during my hunts.

Growing up, I never knew anything about my father. His face, his identity, everything remained a mystery. Every time I mustered the courage to ask my mother about him, she would shut me out or simply ignore my question. It used to be incredibly important to me, and while it still holds some significance, it no longer consumes my every thought.

"Hey, Uncle Chris, is Allison upstairs?" I inquired, glancing up the staircase. He looked up and smiled, nodding in response.

Uncle Chris, my mother's brother, became a reliable source of information about my mother, Kate, and my Aunt Victoria.

Would it be heartless if I admitted that I didn't truly care about my mother's death? Don't get me wrong, in the moment, it affected me, but the truth is, my mom was never really there for me. She consistently ignored my presence, which is why I ended up becoming a "criminal," as she liked to call me. I don't recall her being present when I first rode a bike or when I uttered my first word, which ironically happened to be "father," a figure I had never known.

When my uncle learned about the struggles I was facing, he made the decision to take me in until I got back on track and shed my criminal tendencies. I'm not angry with him; in fact, I'm quite content. I finally have the opportunity to live with my favorite cousin and embark on a new chapter of my life.

I walked into Allison's room and saw that she was awake.

"Aww, I wanted to get a bowl of cold water and pour it on you while you were sleeping," I said loudly to get her attention, which worked.

"Stell!" Allison screamed and ran over to me, hugging me tightly. I laughed a little.

"Did you really think it was over for Stella Argent?" I laughed, hugging her back.

"When did you get here? I thought you were coming later in the week," she asked once we stepped away from each other, both of us with big smiles on our faces.

"Sorry, change of plans. Your dad already signed me up for your school. You know how he is," I said, and as I mentioned it, her smile grew even wider.

"Wait, then when are you leaving?" she asked, returning to whatever she was doing before.

"Wow, I can't believe you already want me to leave. I feel the love," I joked.

"No! I just want to know. I love you, and I never want you to leave," she grinned.

"Well, good because I'm staying for good, apparently. At least until your dad thinks I'm a good girl," I laughed.

"Well, I'm happy that you're staying with us," she smiled at me through her mirror, where she was actually doing her hair.

"So, what are you thinking about doing here? Any sports or anything?" she asked.

"Umm... is pranking the lacrosse team a sport? If so, then hell yeah," I smiled, and Allison burst out laughing. I just rolled my eyes with a smile.