Chapter Twenty-seven

I help Taylor pack her things to leave. This is breaking my heart. I know we aren't over but it looks like she is actually leaving  me and I'm not dealing that well with it.

"Taylor" I say almost whispering leaning against the wall of my bedroom. Taylor looks in my eyes and her face is covered with concern. "I'm not okay with you leaving."

"I'm not leaving." She says putting her hands on my face. "I'm just doing what I need to do so I don't lose her."

"Is this over?" I ask and this aching pain comes to my throat not letting me breath.

"What is?" She asks.

"Us." I say whispering looking down. I feel a tear run down my cheek and now I understand how much this is hurting me.

"I didn't know 'us' existed between you and me." She tries to cheer me up.

"I'm sorry. I don't want to rush anything."

She interrupts me.

"It is not about rushing things. But to be 'us' I need to know that you feel the same way I do." She makes herself clear and I nod letting her know that I understood.

"You didn't answer anyway..." I say losing my hopes.

"It isn't over, Mariana." She says lifting my chin up so our eyes lock on each other. "You know why I'm doing this."

"I know."

A knock on the door interrupts us. I open the door and there was Hayley.

"Hey, Summer is going nuts." She says with a pitying smile. "You should probably hurry."

I close the door again and Taylor is staring at me.

"Act like my parents are here and I have to go home. We'll see each other again tomorrow." She says smiling.

"Just be careful... About Bradley."

"It's okay. I'll text you and everything." Taylor says getting closer to me putting her arms around my neck. I put my arms around her waist and hug her. I kiss her neck softly feeling the scent of her skin.

Taylor doesn't really wears any kind of perfume but her skin has an amazing natural scent.

I feel her hands on my face guiding me to her mouth. When our tongues meet, time and space are lost until her phone starts ringing.

I let her go feeling embaressed.

"Summer, this is ridiculous. Calm down." She says on the phone rolling her eyes. "Give me 5 minutes. I'm almost done."

"I need to go." She says grabbing her stuff after hanging up.

I open the door of my room and we go to the living room where Hayley and Sophie are watching TV.

"I need to leave too. Are you staying?" I ask them.

"You don't mind?" Sophie asks surprised. Why is she so surprised.

"Of course not. But keep out off my room." I say laughing going towards the door.

"Are you going to see Emiliano?" God, Hayley. That's low-key.

"Yes." I say opening the door and I bump into Summer. I hear Hayley running towards us.

"Please, Mariana, be careful." She says.

"Who's Emiliano?" Taylor asks with some serious look on her face.

"A friend." I say and Summer interrupts immediately.