Chapter Ten

SUMMER

"You were my best friend before all this! Don't you think I need you?"

"I don't care! Okay? You messed up. You f*ck this up and I don't want to help you, Summer. I don't care!"

"Please let me come over. I just need to talk with you. I really need you. Mariana doesn't answer my calls or texts since lunch. Is she okay?"

"You are kidding me, right? Is she okay? No, she is not. She is broken. What is going on with you, seriously?" Taylor is so disappointed. "I'm not home right now but you can come over at 8pm.."

"Where are you?" I ask.

"At the beach. Don't come here, Summer. Or I give up on you. I swear." She is with Mariana.

"I'll meet you at 8pm. then... Thank you." Honestly...

"Don't thank me. That won't change a thing. Got to go." And she hangs up.

It's already 7.30pm. I better get going.

She opens her door and I want to hug her.

"Don't even try." She says.

"I need a hug from you." I really do, Tay but she just shrugs her shoulders.

"What were you thinking?" She asks while sitting on her bed.

"I didn't even... I didn't think he was talking about sex. We used to spent a lot time together and now we don't and I thought he missed that... Not sex." She is not believing a single word. "I'm telling you the truth. I don't want to be with him anymore, Tay! You know that..."

"I don't actually. I don't believe you, Summer. I really don't. Nobody is that naive. Not even you." She shakes her head with a disapproval look on her face.

"It's true. I swear to you! Please believe me. I feel like I'm insane!" I start crying.

"Stop crying. Look, even if I do believe you, I can't help you anymore with Mariana. You hurt her too much and unfortunately, I think she is better alone. I think she really loves you. I'm so sorry."

"I'm not letting that happen. I don't want you to help me. I just need you sometimes... But I don't need your help. I did this and I'm going to undo it." I feel confident. I just need Tay by my side.

"I love you but I don't recognise you sometimes. You turn kinda Blake-ish."

"It won't happen again. You'll see."

When I get to class I have a little bag on my desk.

Mariana is in the back with her head on the table and headphones. Taylor comes in and goes to her and gets on her knees and while they speak I open the bag. There is an envelope. I open and there is two One Direction concert tickets with backstage passes and a small note:

"I bought this yesterday morning after you said you were a Directioner. It's yours anyway. Have fun.

- Mariana"

My heart brokes in pieces. I can't believe she did this...

Taylor is coming towards me.