Chapter Twenty-three

After school I just went home. It wasn't the best day ever. Mariana wasn't there... Her body was but her mind was not. Taylor was with Bradley all the time even though she is mad with him too. I didn't want to talk with Blake and Hayley and Sophie are all over each other now. What did miss?

It's been almost week since Taylor and Mariana stopped talking to each other. They stopped talking last saturday night and today it's Thursday. They didn't fight or anything but when their gaze cross, one of them just leaves, angry.

I'm with Mariana at the beach right now. It's 3.28pm. and she goes to work at 4pm..

My phone starts ringing.

"What's up?" I ask.

"Where are you?" Taylor asks me. She seems mad. Oh God...

"At the beach."

"Well, I need to talk to you." She says right away.

"Okay, I'll be there in 15 minutes." I say and she hangs up. "I have to go." I say to Mariana.

"Sure. Duty calls." She says laughing.

"What?" I ask Taylor that is leaning against the kitchen counter.

"Don't you have anything that you want to tell me?" She asks. What is she talking about? I shake my head. "I can't believe you. Everything you said... Oh my God!" She is about to burst.

"What? What is going on?" I ask loudly.

"Oh my God. I can't do this." She is losing it. What the hell... "Is it true? What Bradley told me me..."

"What did he told you? I have no"

She interrupts.

"You had sex with Blake? In the shower? Last week?" Taylor almost yells. How do you know?

"Blake told Bradley?" I'm going to kill him. "He promised."

"Is it true, Summer?" She is up in flames.

"Yes. But I immediately regreted it." I start crying. I can't hold it in.

"Get the f*ck out of my house!" She yells at me.

"Please don't do this." I beg her, sobbing on my own words. "Please."

"Get out. I can't do this right now. We'll talk tomorrow." She says gently pushing me out.

MARIANA

My phone is ringing.

"You can answer your phone, Mariana." My boss says. "It's been ringing for the last 20 minutes. It must be important."

I grab my phone. Taylor. I'm not answering this.

Today, we have live music in the Mermaid so I'll probably stay for a couple of hours more and I won't deal with the outside world.

"What are you still doing here?" My boss says poking my head.

"Helping you! This place is full and I won't leave you here alone, Dax." I say laughing.