Chapter Sixteen

SUMMER

She just leaves.

"Why did she left? She just left!" I say a bit loudler than I wanted to.

"Because that's Mariana! She leaves when she's not in the right place." Taylor is on her feet yelling at me. "Stop messing her up!"

"Wow, okay! I see which side you took." I say lighly.

"I don't take sides, Summer!" She yells. "But she is right. You don't know what you want. You keep breaking her heart over and over again." Taylor whsipers something to Bradley, kisses his lips and goes away. After Mariana, I believe. I decide to follow her. I need to end this mess.

"Where the hell is she?" I ask desperately.

"I don't know." Taylor stops for a minute and starts walking... Almost running. "She's in the parking lot."

We run to the parking lot and we start looking for her jeep. There aren't too many jeeps so this will be easy.

"Right there, see?" Says Taylor pointing to her.

"I'll go talk to her." I say and she grabs my arm.

"No. You stay here. I'll go. If she is okay enough to talk to you, I'll call you. Don't come unless I call you." She says. I nod and Taylor goes to Mariana. We'll see if I wait...

I look at my watch and I'm here, standing, wanting for 4 minutes. Screw this.

"I told you to wait!" Says Taylor.

"What is she doing here? Really?" Mariana says crying looking to Taylor.

"I don't want to argue. I swear." I say lighly. "Can we please sort this out? I'm done fighting with you. Please?"

She is just staring at I don't know where.

"I'll better go then." Says Taylor looking right through her crying as well. I see now that they are holding hands. That's what's keeping Mariana so calm.

As Taylor let her hand go she automaticaly stares at her, rushes to get her hands back and starts crying.

"Do you really want me to stay? You guys need to talk in private, Mariana. Call me if you need me and I'll be here in seconds." Mariana nods and lowers her head looking to her hands playing with her necklace. She still wears it.

"Thanks, Tay." I say. Taylor nods with a light smile. She kisses Mariana's forehead and leaves.

Mariana looks at her until she's gone. Then with her head down again she plays with the necklace.

I open the jeeps door and sit on the passenger's sit.

"Please look at me." I beg her. She doesn't move. "I'm sorry. Okay? I really am. Tell me how am I suppose to not be jealous or anything. How am I suppose to handle you ignoring me?" I say lighly.

"It's harder for me to handle this, you know? I've always knew what I wanted. I wanted you. I had you for a second and I lost you. This happened too many times, Summer. You can't expect me to trust you again." She is so calm but yet crying.