Chapter Eleven

It's weird being in the same group of friends.

We all meet in my locker everytime before first
period and in between periods because it's the last locker in that row. So we are here talking about some project that we have to make about society and fitting in a new culture. Mariana's phone rings and I see her reading some text. Because I get pretty jealous and I feel my blood starting to boil I ask Taylor to come with me to the bathroom. I see that Mariana is staring at Taylor right now, like a feline looking at her prey. Taylor nods and kisses Bradley on the lips.

As we are getting to the bathroom the bell rings and I turn back around.

"Where are you going?" Asks Taylor.

"To class... The bell just rang." I'm confused.

"So? Did you just peed on your pants or something?" She laughs.

"I didn't want to pee, baby. I just needed to get away from... You know who."

"She-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named!" Okay, she is funny, yeah, I know.

Fourth period was almost over and Mariana was called by the principal.

Class ends and we all go to the cafeteria.

Mariana sits beside Taylor and she seems hysterical. She shows Tay some papers and documents.

"Oh wow, your mom was fast! When are you leaving?" Good question, Tay.

I knew it!

Sophie and Bradley are talking to me but I'm not paying attention.

"Can you stay there?" Says Blake. What an as*hole.

"F*ck you." She says to Blake and then turns to Taylor again. "Tomorrow. I just need to call Hayley and... Well, I think that's it. I don't need anything else." She says all happy.

"Earth to Summer..." When I hear this I see them all looking at me as I stare at Mariana. I feel my cheeks burning up.

"What?" I say confused.

"We were talking to you and then you blacked out." Says Brad.

"I was listening to what Mariana was saying." I say looking to Mariana with a challenging look on my face. It's unintentional and I can't help it. I swear.

"So, you're leaving tomorrow? Are you going by yourself? All alone?" Asks Sophie.

"Taylor is coming with me." She winks while laughing with Tay.

"I wish you'd pick me." Taylor says looking down. Mariana grabs her hand and kisses it softly. As her lips touch Taylor's hand, she takes it away immediately making me want to laugh.

"You're going with... Uhm... What's her name? Sarah? No. Is it Jenna?" I say challenging her. I know that if Sophie knows that she is going with her ex, she will get crazy.

"Shut up." She says warning me.

"Oh, that's right! Hayley, isn't it?" I smile at her and I can almost see the flames in her eyes while Taylor grabs now Mariana's hand.

"You're going to Mexico with your ex?" Sophie says while standing up. "You just don't waste your time, do you? You broke up with me, like ... last week!! And you're already hitting on her? Did you forgot how much she hurt you?" Mariana is still staring at me and when I face her, she rolls her eyes and looks at Tay. "I can't believe you!" Sophie just runs away and Taylor goes after her.