Chapter Eight

SUMMER

I wake up. 10.37am.
I feel amazing and suddenly I realise that I'm in Mariana's bed... She is still asleep facing up. I hug her and drown myself in her hair. It smells so good, I want to stay like this forever.

"Morning." She says. She has a husky voice but since she just woke up, it's even deeper. I feel turned on.

"Good morning, Mariana."

"I love how you say my name." My heart is melting right now. I love when she calls me Summs. No one does it... Only her. "Are you okay?"

"I feel amazing. Are you going to work today?"

"Unfortunately, yes. At 11am." What?

"Up, up! You better hurry, Mariana. I mean it. It's almost 11am!" I jump out of bed while saying.

"Oh crap!"

I have to call Taylor.

"Hi, baby. Are you okay? Where are you?" She's worried. I left the party without saying a word and I didn't even answer her calls or texts.

"I'm perfect. Are you home?"

"You are? Uhm... Yes, I am. Brad just left actually." She says.

"Can I come over? I need to tell you something. I need you to be the first person knowing this, Tay."

"Sure. Bring luch!" She is always in a good mood, I love it.

"Be there in 10." I hang up.

I take 23 minutes to get to Tay's house.

"I brought sushi." I say and she jumps kissing all my face. I didn't know that someone could love sushi so much until she ate it for the first time at my fifteenth birthday dinner party.

"What happened yesterday?" Asks Taylor with her mouth full.

I finish eating my california roll.

"I wasn't feeling really good at the party"

She interrupts.

"Summer, you got drunk. That wasn't you last night."

"I'm glad I got drunk." I laugh. "I puked on the floor and Mariana helped me. I couldn't go home wasted so I went to her place. Things happened, we talked, I managed to make her want to kiss me and she did."

"You spent the night there?" She made a naughty smile and winked. We start laughing as I answer.

"Nothing happened. But we are going to try... Maybe it works. I hope it does." I feel like I'm blushing.

"Oh my God! You do like her... And I'm the first one knowing this... Baby, I spent a lot of time with her these last two weeks and I got to know her pretty good actually and I couldn't be happier for you."

"Thank you, Tay." I love this girl.

"You are like my sister. I love you so much and I can't handle when someone hurts you or doesn't appreciate how incredible you are. I'm proud of you, baby." Tears come to my eyes and I hug my best friend.

MARIANA

I finish my shift but I have to cover up for Ash. She's late. Again.

"You have to stop this and come on time, Ashley. I'm not going to work 10 to 20 minutes per day while you're the one getting the money." I'm actually really pissed at her.

"I know, Mexico. I'm sorry... It won't happen again. Promise."

"If it happens again, you know what I have to do."

"Please don't tell him. It won't happen again."

"Alright! I'm leaving then." I grab my bag and my phone and as I'm about to leave I remember "Ash, there is a Wingnut packed in the back. It was ordered by Josh's dad. He is coming to get it at 6pm."

"Did he already paid?" She asks.

"He didn't. If you need something, call me."

I get out of the grill/bar/shop... It's a grill/bar but also a surf shop by the beach. It's near my house and I know what I'm doing and what I sell. And the best part, I get 35% discount! Best job ever.

"Summer, what are you doing here?" I can't believe how sweet and caring she is being since last night. It's 8 to 80 difference.

"Hurry! We got to go to your place." She says all excited.

"Why? We are here..." Why not staying at the beach? Watch the sunset maybe...

"We are here but you surfboard it's not." She smiles and grabs my hand and pulls me to her. "How was work?"

"Perfect and you're here... I didn't know you were coming." I'm so glad to have her in my life. But I'm not happy with how she is dressed. She is dressing too short jean shorts, an open sleeveless flannel shirt and her bikini top. "Why are you just wearing that?"

"Do you like it?" I see a smirk...

"I do... But"

She interrupts.

"This is for you. I don't care about anyone else. You shouldn't either."

"You look amazing, Summs." I hug her. She smells like vanilla... I love it. It is quite soft but characteristic. She grabs my hair and I kiss her. I can't believe I can actually do this.

I think I made my mind and not tell her what happened.

The sun was setting and she has to go home.

"Call me when you get home." She says as she gets in her car.

"Whose jacket is that?" I point to the varsity jacket on the back seat. My blood starts to boil easily.

"Blake's. You know we're friends."

"Yeah but why is that in your back seat?" Was he here?

"I gave him a ride. That's all." She smiles.

"Well, I don't like him."

"I know. I'm sorry..." I kiss her lips. They are mine now and I'm going to treat this girl the way she deserves to be treated.