Chapter Fourteen

SUMMER

Yesterday I texted her and I try to call her but she didn't pick her phone up.

Tuesday morning, 7.48am..

Without saying a word or even waving, Mariana pretends not seeing us.

The bell rings. We got to class and Mariana is sat in the back Mariana style, with her headphones and head lying down on the desk.

I look at Taylor and she rolls her eyes at Mariana's situation. Did they had a fight or something? Why am I always out of their friendship? Fine, I don't care.

Class starts and this girl comes in. I have seen her before.

"Class, this is your new classmate, Hayley Stuart. Be nice, it's her first day." Says Mr. Bennet.

Mariana's ex. What the f*ck is she doing here? She is all excited staring at Mariana. I look at Mariana and she is actually happy.

"Hayley needs someone to show her around. Who wants to help this young lady?

"I'll help her!" I say a bit louder than I wanted to.

"Shut up, Summer." Says Mariana with an angry voice. "Mr. Bennet, I know Hayley since forever, I'll show her around." I hate you, Mariana...

"Hayley, choose your tour guide." He laughs... It's not even funny, why is he laughing? Idiot.

"I choose Mariana, of course." She looks at me smiling. "But thank you. Honestly." She is gorgeous.

Class ends and Mariana and hippie Hayley are in the back talking and laughing and hugging. I decide to introduce myself.

"Hi. Hayley, right?" She turns around facing me.

"Hi! Yes. You're Summer. The girl in the porch before Mexico." She says.

"That's me." I fake smile while looking at Mariana.

"Okay, I'll leave you two alone then." She says.

"No way. I have to show you around, remember?" Mariana says. She is totally avoiding me.

"Are you sure?" Hayley says.

"No, we need to talk, Mariana..." I'm getting out of my mind and she is ignoring me.

She grabs Hayley's arm and start walking to the door.

"Really, Mariana? I hope you don't regret what you're doing." I warn her. As I finish saying this she stops. She says something to Hayley and starts walking towards me. She's about to burst...

"Don't you ever threat me again"

I interrupt her.

"It wasn't a threat." I say but she ignores me and keeps talking.

"You wanted this. I don't care if you regreted it. I'm done with you. You don't know what you want! I'm so done, Summer. Just don't talk to me anymore." She is really angry but she is holding on. She is not even yelling or being rude. When she finishes talking she turns around and leaves. I couldn't say a word.