"Thank you, Kaci." She still did the accent.

"Did you have fun at the bakery?"

"Yes ma'am, sure did."

We kept talking in the accent, and then Lauren stopped talking. She looked where the front door was.

"What are you looking at, ma'am?" I kept talking on and on in the accent. I eventually stopped when I realized she wasn't paying attention. I looked over where she was looking, realizing that Raj was standing right there.

His arms were crossed, and he had an amused smile on his face. "Oh you can keep talking. I like how you sound like with that accent," he said.

My mouth dropped open, and my face turned red. "I didn't know you were right there!" I exclaimed. Great, now he definitely thinks I'm a dork. Great job, Kaci. I sighed.

"Well I was." He still looked amused.

"Did you ring the door bell?" Lauren asked, looking confused herself.

"Yeah...I didn't hear it."

"Why couldn't you just knock like any other normal person, instead of sneaking up on us like that?" I said, giving him an annoyed look.

"I did but there was no answer, so I thought I'd just come inside. And now I'm glad I did." He chuckled.

"Ugh whatever." I muttered, hoping I wouldn't make a fool out of myself in front of him again.

Just then, Remi came in through the door. "Hey guys," she said to us. "Alright, nachos!" She plopped down on the couch and grabbed a few nachos.

"Remi walked in through the door," Raj said.

"It's fine guys, really. I could care less if you barged in or not," Lauren said.

"It's true, I do it all the time," Remi said to Raj.

"You know, Raj, you can sit down on the couch with us," Lauren said to him, patting the couch.

"Oh yeah," Raj said casually. He went to the couch and sat right next to me. As a matter of fact, he was sitting unusually close, so close that our knees touched a little.

I felt my face flush, and put a few strands of hair behind my ear. I didn't move away, and he didn't either.

Lauren must have noticed because she gave me a sly smile. I gave her a look and mouthed, "You're being noticeable."

"Sorry," she mouthed back, wincing. She quickly changed her facial expression to a regular smile. "So...what do you peeps want to do?" She asked us. We looked at each other and shrugged. "Well...we can watch TV, play board games, video games, walk around the neighborhood, tennis."

"We could walk around the neighborhood," Remi piped up. "I need to get some exercise anyway."

"Sounds good to me. What about you all?" Lauren said.

Me and Raj exchanged glances and shrugged. "Sure," I said.

"Let's go then!" We walked outside.

Lauren and Remi ended up talking to each other about something, and then me and Raj ended up together. "So...got a boyfriend?" Raj asked me out of the blue.

I felt my cheeks turned red for what seemed like the thousandth time. "Uh...no. Why?" I said, giving him a curious look.

"Just wondering." He ran his hand through his hair.

"Well...do you have a girlfriend?" Now it was my turn to ask. I looked at him.

"Nope." He chuckled, looking down at the ground.

"Oh..." I didn't know what else to say. I wonder why he asked me that in the first place.

"I like your red hair, by the way. It's cool and it suits you." He smiled.

"Oh...thanks." I giggled nervously. Sometimes I laughed or giggled whenever I was nervous about something. "I like your hair too. It looks very...lush." I mentally face palmed myself as I said lush.

He chuckled. "Why thank you, Lil' Red." He looked at Lauren and Remi, who were a little ahead of us. Sometimes they looked back at us, smiling and giggling. "What do you think they're talking about?"

"Uh...I don't know." I said in a squeaky voice. I knew why they were doing that, but I wasn't going to tell him of course.

"Did your voice pitch just get higher?" He gave me a weird look and chuckled.

"No." My voice had squeaked again. Ugh shut up high pitch voice.

"Oh really?" He gave me an amused smile.

I put most of my hair in front of my face, hiding my red face. Why did Lauren and Remi have to be so obvious?

We finally got back to Lauren's house after walking around a few streets.

Lauren's phone had buzzed. "My mom says she'll get back late so I'll be cooking dinner. What do you want guys?" She asked.

We went in the kitchen to see what she had. "What about chicken and Cajun pasta?" I suggested. Lauren knew how to cook also, and that was my favorite meal from her.

"Sure if that's okay with everyone else." She looked at Remi and Raj.

"I love Cajun food so I'm in," Raj said, grinning.

"Sounds good to me," Remi said, smiling.

"Okay cool." Lauren grinned. "I'll cook and you all can watch TV or do whatever."

"You sure you don't need any help?" I asked her.

"Psssh, you know me, Kaci. I love cooking so I don't mind." She waved her hand at me.

"Oh okay." She said that every time, but I always wanted to make sure if she was okay with it. I turned back to Remi and Raj. "Let's go chill in the living room then."

"Cool," Raj said.

We went into the living room, and watched "Parks And Recreation" until Lauren was done with dinner.

**********

A/N: So they all hung out at Lauren's house :)

What do you think Lauren and Remi were talking about? :O

READ

VOTE

COMMENT