Chapter thirty eight: who you are

Kaden's PoV

I will not give up.

I will do whatever it takes to have her back. I did promise her that I'll return to marry her. Only to get rejected.

"Kaden, you can stay in the receiving room for just a few moments. I just need to find that document from these stacks of garbage." Auntie Amelia said while frustratingly looking for the contract.

She was about to put the unnecessary files in the paper bin when she realized it's full. She sighed out loud.

"I can take out the trash for you." I gently offered in which she smiled in return.

"You don't have to, Kaden." She declined in a nice manner.

"I insist." I told her confidently before picking up the paper bin. I left the office immediately and went outside the Santibañez's mansion to take out the trash.

Alright, I just need to make sure that these are all paper. I scanned through the scraps to look for plastics only to have read something peculiar.

Girlfriend Contract

My eyebrows knitted in confusion. In my whole life as the next CEO of our well respected company, I have never heard of this contract before. I picked it up and read through it.

I, Amber Yashelli Santibañez, will follow this contract for five months until France Xavier Almante finds his perfect girl.

These are his rules that I will follow:

1.) No feelings involved.
2.) I will not to tell anyone about this deep secret or France will kill me.
3) Hold his hand in public to convince everyone that I'm only his (contract) girlfriend.
4.) Endearments will be used when necessary.
5.) Act like we're in love despite how it is the opposite in reality.
6.) I can tell this secret to my best friend who ever the hell she is. Just make her shut up.
7.) Hugs and kisses can be used when necessary. Just pretend nothing happen. France will always do the first move because he is an amazing, drop-dead gorgeous actor.
8.) I will not let any guy near me nor flirt with me. This is important for his sanity.
9.) Tell the public you have a boyfriend so they can back off.

You're lucky that a person like you can be with the famous France Xavier Almante. Follow these rules or you will be the next MRS. SMITH.

My jaw hung open and didn't realize I dropped the paper.

Amber's POV

"Saan ba kasi tayo pupunta?" Kanina pa kasing parang asong ulol kung makangiti itong France na ito eh.

"Basta."

Ang lakas din ng trip ng isang ito. Talagang nagpaturo kung paano mag-motor kay Ji eh para lang dito. Ayos na sana kung hindi ako napupulingan sa sobrang alikabok eh.

Dumaan siya sa gitna ng gubat at bigla na lang akong gininaw. I have never been to these parts before. The trees went by in a blur but the view leaves me in awe. Nature is indeed beautiful. All I see is nothing but green and it's jaw-dropping.

France slows down when we entered a gate into a private property. There's a cabin that has a smoking chimney in a distance. My heart raced as to what plan he may have been thinking.