"I don't know. Dean?" Meg says.

"No. Meg has that effect. Awkward. You know?" Dean says.

"That must be difficult for you." Says Emmanuel.

"Dean's making a joke, Emmanuel." Elena says.

"Oh."

HOSPITAL
[ ☼ ]

Marin comes into Sam's room holding up a cigarette lighter. "Nice. Where'd you score that?" Sam asks.

"Grabbed it out of Marcus' pocket. Being locked up is really turning me into a decent criminal." Marin says.

Sam closes the door and barricades it with a chair. "We're laying down a circle. Help me open these, okay?" He says.

They use small containers of salt to make a salt circle. Sam looks up and sees Hallucifer blowing on the salt. Sam leans back against the wall.

"You're gonna have to do this on your own. It's okay. I'm okay. I'm just having a little..." Sam starts.

"Brown acid moment." Hallucifer says.

"Dizzy thing. It'll pass." Sam says.

"Definitely. When your heart stops."

Sam and Marin are standing in a small salt circle. "Great. Now, um... stay with me in the circle. No matter what. No matter what happens, okay?" Sam says.

"What's gonna happen?" Marin asks.

"Give me the bracelet." Sam says. The lights flicker and Sam and Marin's breath becomes visible.

The Ghost of Marin's brother appears. "Marin, don't do this. Please." He says.

"Marin, give me the bracelet." Sam says.

"I'm so sorry. I have to." Marin says. She breaks the bracelet from her wrist and gives it to Sam. The room shakes, the door flies open and the lights explode. Sam lights the bracelet and the Ghost burns up.

"Noooo!"

"Y-you got to go. Go." Sam says.

"Thank you." Marin leaves. Two orderlies enter and grab Sam. We see white light, which becomes Dr. Kadinsky shining a flashlight in Sam's face. Hallucifer is standing behind Dr. Kadinsky.

"Sam? How you feeling now?" Kadinsky asks.

"His soul is broken, Doc. Can you give him a pill?" Hallucifer asks.

"I can't give you any more medication. The potential for overdose is too great." Kadinsky says and Sam looks at his fingernails, which are bloody. "We need to talk about surgical solutions."

"Surgical?" Sam asks.

"Ooh. Lobotomy?" Hallucifer asks.

"It's okay. We're not talking lobotomy here."

"Darn." Hallucifer says.

"Sam. Are you with me? Sam?" Kadinsky asks. We see nothing but white light again.

HOSPITAL
[ ☾]

Dean turns off the engine and gets out of the car. A number of people are standing around the emergency entrance to the hospital. Dean walks around the car and joins Emmanuel, Elena and Meg. "Oh, gracious." Emmanuel says. Dean looks through binoculars at the people outside the emergency entrance.