16

( BOTTLED UP )

ART AUCTION
[ ☼ ]

        Don Stark exits the building and looks at the dead plants around the base of the bust. As he watches and the Impala pulls up, the bust starts to shake and the head cracks in two, the face falling to the ground. Maggie watches from a window. Don gets into his car.

       "Now she's just getting nasty. Killing the girlfriend is one thing, but his commemorative bust? That's got to hurt." Dean says.

       "She'll take the whole town out, Dean." Sam says. "She don't care who gets in the way."

        Dean's phone rings and he answers it. "Hey, Bobby. What do you got? Yeah? You think it'll take her out? All right. No, I don't need to write it down. I'll remember. Go ahead. Mm-hmm. The—wait. Hang on. Hang on." Dean gestures to Sam. "Yeah? Wait. Wa—ho—ho—hold on. Hold on. Hold on." Sam hands over a diner menu and a pen. "Okay, what was the, uh—what was that last one? Right. Uh-huh. I'll remember. It's fine. "

ART AUCTION
[ ☾]

       Maggie is at the podium in evening dress. "Hello, everyone, and thanks for coming. Most of you know that philanthropy and art are my two passions, but what we've—" She seems to be practicing. "Not there! Where is the ice? People will be here in seconds. What we've assembled here tonight may be my crowning achievement, not to be immodest."

       Sue claps. "See? I told you. Everything's perfect." She says.

       "Yeah, you—you just reminded me. I have to check on the finger sandwiches." Maggie...

MOTEL ROOM
[ ☾]

        Dean is sitting at the table, about to take a bite from a pie. Sam enters. "Dude. Pie." Dean says. Sam sets a plastic bag down right next to the pie. "Ugh. That is—"

        "Chicken feet, just like the recipe calls for. Butcher's fridge is down." Sam says.

       "I can smell that." Dean says.

       "Uh, says the power's been wonky and that he's lost so much product, he probably won't make rent." Sam says. "Ditto every shop on the block—nothing but burst pipes and blackouts."

       "Huh." Elena says.

       "He says it's like all of a sudden, the town ran out of luck." Says Sam.

       "So, coincidence, right?" Dean picks up the bag of chicken feet and walks over to Sam.

       "Uh...yeah. We're past the point of dead flowers." Sam says.

       "What can I say? I guess the witch is pissed. All right, let's, uh—we better get a move on here. Why don't you just..." Dean holds the bag out at arm's length. "C-can you take the feet?"

       Sam holds out a bowl and Dean drops the bag into it. "Ugh." Sam says.

ART AUCTION
[ ☾]

        Don pulls up in front of the building in his car. Maggie walks up to Sue, holding drinks. "To us. I couldn't have done it without you." Maggie says. They clink glasses.

       "To us." Sue takes the skewer out of her drink. On it is an olive and an eyeball. She screams and drops her glass. Don, who is sitting in his car, smiles. "That is disgusting!"

       Maggie Stark looks around. "No." She says. The paint on the paintings hung around the room starts to run. "No. Not my paintings."

       "Maggie? What is going on?" Sue asks.