34

( SMILE )

CHAMBERS' APARTMENT
[ ☼ ]

       "Did Sam tell you where he was going?" Krissy asks.

       "That's what I'm trying to figure out. What did you tell him?" Dean asks

       "Uh...He checked my dad's room."

       "There?" Elena points.

       "Yeah."

       Dean looks around Lee's room and turns to Krissy, who is standing in the doorway. "Look, I really don't have time to hold your hand here, so—"

       "What are you saying?" Krissy asks

       "I'm saying go wait in the living room. Your dad may not want you to know every single thing about him." Dean says. Krissy leans on the doorway and puts a hand on her hip. Dean opens Lee's closet and looks behind the hanging clothes.

       Only the corner of a map is still pinned to the board. Dean pulls it down. "Where is it?" He asks.

       "You mean everything about the job my dad was working?" Asks Krissy.

       "Sam said you didn't know." Elena says.

       "Sam seemed competent, so I figured, fine—I'll do what my dad always tells me to. "Be a regular kid, don't say anything, stay out of the line of fire. Let the adults work it out." So much for that."

       "All right. Hand it over. Okay? I have had a long, long week." Dean says as Krissy pulls out a gun and points it at Dean. "All right, I get it. You're a tough kid. But I'm trying to get Sam and your dad back."

       "My dad left, and he didn't come back. Sam left, and he didn't come back." Krissy says. "I give you the info, you leave, you don't come back."

      "We're coming back." Elena says

       "I'm coming with you guys." Says Krissy.

       "N-no. No. Hell, no." Dean says.

       "I'm coming! Or you're not going." Krissy says. Dean snatches the gun out of her hand. "Ow!"

       "Now hand it over." Dean says.

       "I can't. I burned it." Krissy says.

       "You what?" Dean asks.

        "But lucky for you, I memorized it all first."

ROAD
[ ☾]

       Dean, Elena and Krissy are driving in the car. "Hey, I have a question." Krissy says.

       "All right, here's the deal. I'm a fun guy. I'm actually awesome. Okay? But right now, I'm not in the mood." Dean says. "I'm neck deep in some serious crap, and if this wasn't an emergency, I would drop your ass off at the nearest mall."

       "What serious crap?"

       "Revenge crap, all right? Now shut up. Eat a cookie or something." Dean says.

       Krissy puts headphones in her ears, then takes them out again. "One thing doesn't make sense, though. My dad's a pretty great hunter, and your brother's the size of a car, so... So how'd this thing get 'em both?" She asks.

       "Vetalas usually hunt in pairs. Sam and your dad both assumed it was one thing hunting solo." Dean says.

      "Why'd they think that?"