22

( IT'S LILY DALE )

GRAVEYARD
[ ☼ ]

       A headstone reads: MARGARET FOX BORN OCTOBER 7TH 1833 DIED MARCH 8TH 1893 Dean is digging the grave. Sam is crouching with a shovel. "I feel naked doing this in daylight." Dean says.

       "Yeah. Let's just hurry up." Sam is now digging while Dean stands watch. Sam crashes the shovel down onto the coffin to break it open.

       "All right, Mags. My lighter's juiced this time." Dean says. Sam lifts the top of the coffin out of the grave. He and Dean look at each other. The coffin is empty. Dean and Sam walk through the cemetery to the Dodge. "Geraldo'd."

       "Not good." Sam says.

       "Never good." Dean says.

       "Dean, if someone knew enough to take Margaret's bones, they're not kidding around. That's serious binding magic."

       "Great." Dean puts his shovel and bag into the trunk of the Dodge. "Psychic ghost bitch on a leash."

       "We got to find those bones." Sam says.

       "So we got to find the bonehead." Dean takes a folded piece of paper out of his pocket and tosses it into the trunk.

       "So, what? We call Bobby, see what it take to harness the power of a ghost?" Elena asks.

       "Yeah." Dean looks at the piece of paper he's just tossed into the trunk, picks it up and unfolds it. It is a flyer for the Annual Lily Dale Psychic Festival. "Hey, Sam, you know why I'm not going to spend my money at the annual Lily Dale E.S.P. Festival and hot-dog-eating contest this year?" Dean holds the flyer out for Sam to see. The featured acts were to be Imelda Graven, Grandma Goldy and Nikolai Lishin.

       "Can't imagine." Sam says.

       "Because all the headliners are dead."

MELANIE
GOLDY'S HOUSE
[ ☼ ]

        Melanie is looking at the flyer. "You know, after Nikolai... They asked Camille to take his spot. I mean, she's so popular. Was so popular." She says.

       "Okay, uh, all these people—would you say that they're the, uh, you know, top dogs in town?" Asks Dean.

       "Well, it's not really like that."

       "But they were all doing well. I mean, your grandma?" Dean asks.

       "She wrote a few books. Yeah, and Imelda was on 'The Nate Berkus Show' twice, so, yeah, I guess they were doing pretty well." Melanie says. "You think that's why she went after them?"

      "I mean, if you had to guess, who do you think would be next in line?" Asks Dean.

      "I mean, I don't know."

        "Well, your grandma was headlining at the big hall, so who do you think they would ask to fill in for her?" Dean asks.

       "Probably...me." Melanie says.

EMPORIUM
[ ☼ ]

        Sam and Elena are walking inside the Emporium. While they walk, Elena makes conversation with Sam. "Hey, weird question. Do you think Melanie has a thing for Dean?" Elena asks.