7

( THE GIRL NEXT DOOR )

SIOUX FALLS GENERAL HOSPITAL TREATMENT ROOM
[ ☼ ]

        Dean is on a hospital bed looking up at bright lights. "Hold him down." A Doctor says.

        "Hey." Dean says.

        "Three, two, one, set!"

        "Aaaaargh!" Dean yells.

        "Nurse!" The Doctor turns to Dean. "Just relax."

       "Where am I?" Asks Dean.

       "You're at the hospital." Says the Doc.

       "Which one?"

       "Sioux Falls General." He says.

       A nurse gives Dean a shot. "Where's my brother? We got to go." He says.

       "He bashed his head quite seriously. He's gone up for an MRI."

       "Okay. I got to go." Says Dean.

        "You're not going anywhere on this leg, buddy. Relax." The Doctor says as Dean blacks out.

        Dean wakes up. "Oh, no, no, no." He pulls a drip out of his arm and tries to get up, but falls to the floor with a yell. His right leg is in a cast. "What?"

       Bobby and Elena enter the room. "You okay?" Bobby asks.

       "Bobby, you're alive." Dean says.

       "'Course I am." Says Bobby.

       "Why are you on the floor?" Elena asks.

         "They gave me morphine. A lot." Dean says as Bobby helps him up. "Hey, look, a monster broke my leg. Oh. Wait... the house. We thought you were dead."

        "Well, I ain't. Not yet. But we got to run. This place ain't safe. Where's Sam?" Asks Bobby.

       "Uh... Head scan, I think." Dean says.

        "You two meet me at the ambulance dock, stat. I'll find Sam."

        "Wait, where? Bobby, I'm a gimp." Dean says.

        Bobby brings Dean crutches. "Hey." He pats Dean's cheek several times and smiles at him.

SIOUX FALLS
GENERAL HOSPITAL
[ ☼ ]

        "You've scheduled dessert, I presume?" Dr. Gaines' phone rings. The Nurse takes it out of his gown pocket and holds it to his ear. "Yes? The Winchesters?"

       Dean and Elena exit the hospital room with Dean on crutches. Bobby approaches an orderly who is moving an unconscious Sam on a stretcher, and holds up some ID. "Hold the phone there, son. Who's this?" Bobby looks at the chart on Sam's stretcher. "Yeah, this is the guy. Coverage lapsed. We're shipping him to County." Bobby speaks to unconscious Sam. "Come on, sicko. Let's get you healed up some place a little safer."

       Dr. Gaines and the Nurse stride purposefully down the hallway as Dean makes his way on crutches with Elena holding him up. Bobby pushes Sam on the stretcher. Dr. Gaines sees Dean's empty room. Bobby and Sam leave the hospital via the ambulance entrance and Bobby puts Sam's stretcher in an ambulance.

       "Come on, guys." Bobby says. Through the ambulance side mirror, Bobby sees Dr. Gaines and the Nurse come out of the ambulance entrance door. "Balls. Come on, Dean. Come on, Dean!"