35

( TIME AFTER TIME )

STREET
[ ☾]

A Man wearing a fedora hat and long coat walks along a sidewalk in front of a house, and then turns down an alley along the side of the house. Dean, Elena and Sam are in a parked car on the opposite side of the street. "All right, let's do this. Move fast." Dean cocks his gun.

"Wait, wait, wait. What's the plan exactly?" Sam asks.

"Don't die." Dean says as he, Elena and Sam get out of the car and hurry after the Fedora Man. "He's heading downtown. All right, you take the street. I'll take the alley. I'll meet you in the middle."

Dean turns an alleyway corner and sees the Fedora Man kneeling over and holding the head of another man, who is on his back on the ground. There is a red light above the prone man's face which seems to be being absorbed by the Fedora Man. "Son of a..." Dean runs towards the men and Elena follows Dean.

As the red light from the prone man is completely absorbed by the Fedora Man, the Fedora Man lets the prone man's head fall to the ground and stands up. Sam comes around the corner and sees Dean tackle the Fedora Man. Just as Dean does this, Elena catches up and touches Dean on the shoulder. They all disappear in an explosion of red and white light.

"Dean? Elena?" Sam holds his arms out in front of his face as the force of the explosion reaches him at the other end of the alley. The light then disappears and everything is still. Dean, Elena and the Fedora Man are gone.

"Dean?! Elena?!"

SUPERNATURAL

TWO DAY EARLIER

HOUSE
[ ☾]

Dean is sitting at a table with a bottle of whiskey and laptop, looking at websites related to Dick Roman: Global Economic Report: RRE, a search engine page, Financial Market Watch: Richard Roman Enterprises stock soars. A cell phone rings. Sam, who was asleep on a bed in the Same room, sits up and groans.

"Don't give me that dirty-diaper look. I ain't calling you." Dean says.

Sam answers the phone. "Hello?" He asks.

"Sam, it's Jody Mills. I wake you?" She asks.

"The Sheriff? Uh..." Sam turns on a lamp. "Yeah. Uh, I mean, uh—"

"Listen, I got something that smells like you boys." Jody is talking on the phone in her car. "A body turned up in Canton, Ohio. Local P.D.'s trying to bury the story and the body."

"Okay, um, so, uh, what's up with the body?" Sam asks.

"Well, when it went missing, it was a perfectly normal grad student named Charles Durbin." Jody says. "When it turned up, the thing was mummified minus the wrapping. This is actually the second body found like this in the last couple weeks. Sound like a song you boys tap to?"

"Yeah, yeah, that's, that's um... that's our kind of number. Hey, question—how does a Sheriff in Sioux Falls get wind of a case in Ohio?" Sam asks.

"I'm just that nosy. Look, after everything I've been through with you boys and..." Jody starts. "...with Bobby, you know, something like this pops up on the wire, it catches my ear. What can I say?"

"Well, we'll look into it. Thanks, Sheriff." Sam says.

"Call me after, okay?"

"Yeah." Sam hangs up. "That was Sheriff Mills. She caught us one."