31

( TICK-TOCK )

HOSPITAL
[ ☼ ]

       Dean is getting a coffee from a machine. He walks over to Sam, who is still leaning on the wall outside Bobby's room. "What did that guy want?" Sam asks.

       "Uh, nothing. Just some insurance mook." Dean glances at Elena. "Dick Roman was out there."

      "What? What happened?" Sam asks.

     "Nothing...For now. It was just a friggin' staring contest. That was about it." Dean says.

      "What's the update?" Elena asks.

       "The swelling's down a little. They took him off sedation. Apparently, he—he started fighting his tube." Sam says. "So they pulled them out, and he's breathing on his own."

       "That's good, right? Is that good?" Dean asks.

       "Yeah. Well, Doctor said best-case scenario."

       "All right, so when they gonna take the bullet out?" Asks Dean.

       "Dean, t-they're not even – they're not even gonna try that, not yet." Sam says.

       "What does that mean?" Dean says.

       "The word's "abrading," I think." Sam says.

       "English."

       "Cutting out the dead brain tissue." Sam says.

       "I don't know, Alex. I-I don't know." A Man and Woman in the middle of a conversation stop near Sam and Dean.

       "That's if the Doctor even thinks it's worth the risk." Sam says.

       "You know, I, uh... You're working..."

      "I don't know."

       "I'm – I'm..."

       "Can I talk to you?" Sam, Elena and Dean walk away from the Man and Woman.

       "What? Talk about what?" Dean asks.

       "You know what." Sam says.

       "No, we're not gonna have that conversation." Dean says.

       "Well, we need to." Sam says.

       "He's not gonna die." Dean says.

       "He might."

        "Sam." Elena says.

       "Guy, listen—we need to brace ourselves." Says Sam.

       "Why?" Dean asks.

      "Because it's real."

        "What do you want to do? You want to hug and – and say we made it through it when Dad died? We've been through enough." Dean says.

BOBBY'S HOUSE
[ ☼ ]

        Rufus is putting ingredients into a bowl on Bobby's desk. Bobby opens a closet, which seems to be empty. "We still need gold ore, hemlock, and mace." Bobby says.

       "Mm. So, pretty basic, then, huh?" Rufus asks. As Bobby walks through the house, the light goes out in the windows as he passes. He opens a kitchen drawer, which is full of odds and ends.