Epilogue

Endings are hard. Always have been, always will be. They give a sense of finality to a book or a movie, a sense of closure.

But sometimes, that's not always the best way to end something. To leave an ending open is to let the readers imagine how the lives of the characters continued on after that. And I believe that's better than having to write the characters on their death bed.

What happened to Dean and Cas? They were happy. Maybe they adopted kids, maybe they didn't. Did they go through troubles of life? Of course they did, that's just how life goes. But they made it through anything that was thrown at them.

Sam and Gabe stayed childish, obviously. They played pranks on people, they kept their reputation of being the Tricksters, and passed it down onto their kids. Gabe became a pretty famous artist, but the favourite painting of his was still the one he did for Sam of the pranks before their proper meeting. It was framed in their living room.

Michael and Lucifer, they had a nice wedding, invited their crazy family and friends, and the readers too. Sure they already had the same last name, but they wanted to make it official. Their wedding was amazing and unfortunately no one convinced Michael to wear a dress.

Samandriel and Adam waited a bit longer to get married, obviously Samandriel was still shy and nervous about it, but he opened up to Adam more and more over time. They ended up having a cute contest with Sabriel. Who won, we'll never know.

John and Mary were happy, Chuck and Becky were happy. With the kids out of their hair they managed to actually do something with their time, instead of only appearing at random moments and having no life outside of that.

Everyone else; Balthazar, Anna, Charlie, Jo, Benny, Ash, Garth, Kevin, even the barely existent Raphael. They were all happy. Who knows if they all found their soulmate, and if they did, who knows who it was. Let's leave it at that.

And if you were wondering, Lisa got hit by a car. A car crash used for good.

But how their lives went, and every detail, we'll never know. That's left open to what you want to think. How they eventually died in the end, there's no set answer.

Maybe it's because I don't want to write an ending that could possibly be sad, maybe I'm being lazy. But no, I'm not giving a set ending.

Let's leave it at this shall we?

They were happy. Just like the events of this book, they fought through whatever was thrown at them. Them, their soulmates, their friends and families, they couldn't ask for any better way to live their lives or better people to share it with.

I guess the unknown colours really did turn out well, didn't they?