12 - The Beginning of Feels

Castiel stood there in shock as Dean kissed him. Dean pulled away from Cas a few seconds later, looking at him almost guiltily.

"Sorry I shouldn't have done that," Dean said quickly.

"No you definitely should've," Castiel said without thinking. "I mean....what? What just happened?"

Dean smiled a bit at his confusion. "I believe I just kissed you."

"Okay," Castiel said slowly. "So...why?"

"Because I'm not straight. Maybe. I don't know. Stop making me sexually confused."

"Sorry," Castiel said. "But still...why?"

"I'm not going to lie and say that I like the idea of soulmates, or want a soulmate."

Castiel looked down sadly and Dean nudged him.

"But, I'm also not going to lie and say I don't feel anything for you."

Cas looked back up at Dean, hope shining in his eyes. Dean smiled down at him, reaching out to hold Cas' hands in his.

"So, if you'd like, I wouldn't mind giving this a shot."

"I think the answer there is obvious Dean," Cas said, smiling at him. Dean leaned down, closing the space between them and kissing Cas again. This time though Cas was a little more responsive.

It didn't get heated or anything, it was just a slow, soft kiss. Both of them were happy to leave it at that.

"Hey De-" Balthazar stopped short when he saw the two. Cas jumped back quickly, but Dean just gave Balthazar a pissed look. "Okay then, was not expecting that. Dean, have you seen Gabriel?"

"Yeah he's with Sammy," Dean said, still glaring at Balthazar.

"And where would Sam be?" Balthazar asked.

"I don't know," Dean said, but his tone said that he definitely did. Balthazar grumbled under his breath and left the room.

"WE'LL FIND THEM!" Lucifer shouted through the house. He was still covered in glitter and still raging.

Castiel laughed at his siblings as Dean turned back to him. "Gabriel and Sam really did some damage."

"I noticed," Dean said. "I think you're going to have permanent water damage."

"And Luci's going to keep finding glitter in his room for weeks," Castiel said, smiling. Dean smiled at him again, with that small loving look that managed to make Cas's heart race. Castiel was already beginning to love that smile.

"Hey so can I stay here the night?" Dean asked sheepishly. "It's late and I don't really want to walk back."

"Sure," Castiel said, smiling brightly. "So long as you don't mind sharing a bed."

"Now why would I mind that?" Dean asked, giving Castiel a suggestive look. Castiel rolled his eyes.

~~

Gabriel woke first. To find himself curled up against Sam. Oops. Although to be fair, Sam was doing the same. He had one arm lazily around Gabriel and was nuzzling down into his hair.

Gabriel carefully moved away from Sam, being careful not to wake him. He left the room to let Sam sleep while he went and got dressed and did morning stuff.

It didn't take long for Gabriel to realize there was no one else in the house. Which for him was really weird, having grown up with a ridiculous amount of siblings. Dean was nowhere to be seen, and John wasn't there either.