Adopted by Werewolves, what could possibly go wrong? 21

So we talked on a daily basis. It was prettty much all tha he could do because he couldn't exactly walk on his leg and I really didn't have anyting else to do-besides, it would be cruel to just leave him all alone.

We learned a lot about each other through our random conversations. Aparently i'm not a musical person and he wasn't a very athletic person-ironic because he's got super-strengh and speed-and that we were both into Bleach. We just called Renji the Pinapple because if I said Renji he'd break down laughing.

I dangled from the tree, my knees hooked around the branch, the rest of my body just dangling there, my hair swishing left and right and back and forth and all over the place.

I just watched him from the brach I was dangling on. We laughed like crazy because every attemp at converation from this bizzare position failed because my hair kept getting in my face and then I nearly fell out of the tree because i kept trying to get my hair out of my face so i just tied it with a randon vine. What the heck. It worked.

"I just realized I don't know your name." I noted after about five minutes of dangling.

"Just call me Chase." He said.

I had to laugh at this. Ironic name for a Werewolf.

"Okay, Chase."

"So, whats it like living with a bunch of Werewolves?"

"Its cool I guess. The only other life i've known is when I went to visit my Vampire sister for a while. It was fun to meet her, but I prefer this life-where no robots start trying to rape me."

He snickered. "What the?" Chase gasped out through his laughter.

I told him about all the insane things that had happened while I was with my sister. We laughd and laughed. I had to admit that som off the stuff that had happened there was insane.

Emilio just happened to show up in his wolf form. He switched to human form as he got closer to Chase. "Figured you'd want some company." He said to Chase as he sat down.

"Fine with me." Chase said.

"Stuck in human form?" Emilio guessed.

"Ah, the horrors of human form." Chase said in a mock-horror voice. "Yeah, i'm stuck. I switched back thinking it would be more convinient."

The two of them laughed at some kind of inside joke that I didn't get.

Emilio plopped down near Chase and Chase rolled his eyes.

"What?" Emilio demanded in this bizzare cross beetween a German and a British accent.

The three of us laughed.

"I'd heard that some Packs adopted humans but i'd never seen one. Until now." He admitted.

"Well, now you have. You can brag about that when you get back to your Pack." I told him from my perch.

He snickered. "James is going to be so jealous."

"Who?" Emilio inquied in that some ridiculous accent.

"A freind of mine in my Pack. He's going to pissed."

Emilio snickered. "Its called a dirty little secret."

Chase and Emilio broke down laughing at this.

At some point Emilio asked Chase what his Pack was.

This pack was known as Shadows by the other Werewolves. The wolves here were good at blending into the shadows.

"Vanishers." Chase stated.

I nodded.

The Vanishers had a wierd status. Some Packs considered the Vanishers to just be a bunch of rouges, and others thought that they counted as an actual Pack.

The names of the Pack usually only came up when it was some kind of political meeting or when talking to Wolves from another Pack. Other than that it didn't really show up.

Chase stretched and then sighed.

"Do you miss your Pack?"

"Not that much." Chase admitted.

That answer caught me by surprise. I hadn't expected that to be the answer from him.

"We were never really a Pack. Just a group of us that didn't know what we were doing. We just found one another and stuck together after that because....well...safety in numbers right?"

We both laughed at that for some reason.

"Do you think they'll come looking for you?"

"Fred maybe." He said.

"What about the others?"

"The others are too scared to come lookng for me." He stated.

"Why?"

"Lets put it this way. We just happend to stumble into no-mans-land, and on every side there's some major pack bordering us. Not exactly the best place for a bunch of rouges."

"Oh wow." I said.

"Yeah." He said. "Not exactly the best place to pick, but its the only place we could find."

"Better than nothing." I added.

"Pretty much."

A few days later he was trying to walk. They kept telling him not to but he refused to listen. I understood why he was doing it. He was wounded and surrounded by what he counted as the enemy. It made sense that he would try and limp away-not that he got very far.

The Alpha promised him that he would be allowd to stay here for as long as he needed until he healed.

That seemed to calm him down.

Around a week later his friends found him. I saw his head snap up. it was a few minutes before I noticed them. I heard them first, then I saw them. There were around ten of them at my best guess at the moment. It was actually just seven guys-not including the one with us. I'm just surprised they didn't squash him to death.

I could tell that Chase wanted to leave with his friends, but he was stll injured.

The Alpha let them visit thier friend whenever they wanted.

They showed up regularly to see thier friend. Time passed. Chase was healing, but it was slowly.

Thankfully the Alpha was just fine with letting them stay until Chase had fully recovered. His friends refused to leave his side.

Things went back to normal-if you pretend that there weren't a bunch of rouges in our turf now. Eventually they left.

Not everyone was happy with the fact that the kid had been allowed to stay here, but we'd gained new allies according to the Alpha. Not everyone agreed with that either. But then again, if you disagreed with the Alpha, that was kind of the fastest way to get kicked out-unless you had some kind of legit reason to dissagree you were screwed.

For some really weird reason a cow wandered into our turf. What the devil is a cow doing in the middle of the woods?