Chapter 19

"Who are you?" I asked the strange man.

He looked around as if trying to make sure there were no more wolves.

When he was done, he looked at me and answered "My name is Greg"

He looked friendly. He was tall, had brown eyes and surfer hair.

He had a kind face. I felt a bit comfortable in his presence. I didn't get any sketchy vibes from him at all.

"Thank you for saving me" I told him "I appreciate it. I basically owe you my life"

He chuckled lightly "I don't think so. You had them handled. I just assisted to make things faster. Those wolves weren't going to kill you. You were obviously going to win"

I smiled at his words. I had a good feeling about the fight too.

I might not be a warrior but I have always been the victor in every fight I took part in.

When I was younger, i used to practice with the pack kids. My wolf was always the strongest

I still remember the skills I learned from when I was younger. Those were the skills that aided in my fight today.

"Thanks" I said "You were pretty good too"

"Thanks. I'm Greg"

He moved closer to me and stretched out his hand. I shook him.

"It's nice to meet you, Greg. My name is Catherine"

"Catherine" he repeated "That's a lovely name"

"Thank you"

I wonder who this man is and what pack he's from.

"I'm sorry to ask Greg but where are you from? And why did you save me?"

I'm from the Red Moon Pack. I'm here on business. I was just wandering through the forest when I heard all the commotion"

"How did you know I was the one who needed saving?"

"Pretty easy. I'm a warrior so I was taught to recognize scents of dangerous packs. That pack is the, Tryhan Clan. I recognized them by their scent because I've fought them before and I also recognized the marks they have. They usually travel in threes"..

The Tryhan clan? I have never heard of that before.

"How did they get here? They're not part of us"

"I have no idea what they're doing here but what I do now is that you have to be careful".+

I looked at him in confusion "Me?"

"Yes. I advise you don't come into this forest anymore. The Tryhan Clan don't just attack any kind of wolf. They're dangerous but they don't go looking for trouble. They probably attacked you because they noticed something special in you that they want to harness"

"That doesn't make sense. Maybe they were mistaken"

"No, they weren't. They don't make mistakes. They only attack wolves that are of value to them. They don't waste their time with baseless fights. You definitely possess something special. Do you belong to an ancient clan?"

I shook my head "No. I was born and brought up in this pack"

"Do you have magical powers?"

"No. I told you they must be mistaken"

He looked st me skeptically "You just might not know it yet. You'll find out soon enough".

I had so many more questions to ask him.

What qualities could I possibly possess that would make the Clan want to attack me?

I have to mske some research about them. Maybe I could gain more insight and know if Greg is telling the truth or not.

I was about to talk when I saw Greg look at a distance.

I followed his gaze. On top the hill, I saw three more wolves. They looked just like the wolves that had attacked me earlier.

They're probably from the same clan.

"Why are they here?" I whispered.

"To finish what their brothers started. They're here for you"

"For me?"

A lot of strange things have been going on lately.

Why would they come for me? I didn't do anything to anyone.

"It's time to fight" Greg said.

"Let me help you"

"No! These ones are even more dangerous than the ones you fought before. These are the leaders. I can tell. You wouldn't last five minutes with them without proper training"

"But I want to help"

"Go! Get out of here"

Without another word, I left the forest. I ran as fast as I could until I burst out on the roadside.

I was breathing heavily.

What the hell just happened?

None of this makes sense. I have to do some research to make sense of the recent events that happened.

I walked to my house and entered.

"Where have you been?" Ann's voice greeted me as soon as I came in.

She stood at the end of the hallway. I would see her glare at me.

Does this woman ever smile?

"I was out looking for wood" I told her "I couldn't get any"

"You're useless. I keep telling you that. Anyway, we have some. That should so for a while. There are dishes in the sink. Take care of them and clean up the kitchen"

"Yes ma'am"

Ann turned to leave. I went to the kitchen to wash the dishes.

Luckily for me, i haven't seen Jack since. I would have broken down on the spot.

I don't want to lay my eyes on him. If I do, I just might hurt him which would get me into more trouble.

The thoughts of what he did fills my mind at night. I haven't been getting enough sleep.

Thinking about it makes me throw up so I did my best to divert my mind from thinking about that horrible occurrence.

I thought about what happened with Greg in the forest.

Could he be serious?

Could I really possess special qualities?

Unlike every other wolf, I don't have special talents. I was just an ordinary werewolf.

I wonder what I could have that would make those wolves so attracted to me.

My mind wandered to my mom's magic book. She used to read it to me sometimes but she always kept it hidden.

She didn't want me to read it on my own. She claimed it was too dangerous for me and I wouldn't be able to handle the truth.

I'll have to sneak inside my dad's room to read it.

It might be able to help me figure this out.