Chapter 12

The next day, Tyler and I stood in front on Stephanie's mansion. Tonight is the night of her party. I managed to sneak out of the house and get into Tyler's car without getting caught.

I took in a deep breath. I felt nervous.

"Are you okay?" Tyler asked me.

I shook my head "Not at all"

Stephanie has constantly talked down on me and bullied me ever since we knew each other. She won't take my coming to her party too well. She clearly stated that losers weren't allowed.

"Why? What's wrong?"

"I don't know how Stephanie will react. She said she doesn't want me here"

She might throw a fit or plan something evil for me. I don't know the way her head works.

"Look, I just came here for us to let off some steam and to show you off. If you're not up to it, then we'll leave. I'd rather spend the night alone with you anyway"

I smiled at him. He always knew the right words to say.

I'm not uncomfortable but I can't have my way all the time. It'll be unfair to Tyler for us to leave just because I'm not feeling up to a party. I have to suck it up like a big girl. Whatever happens happens.

"I'm good" I said "Let's do this"

Tyler laughed as he rang the doorbell"You make this sound like a mission"

Well, it kinda is.

I played with the hem of my dress. Oh, did I mention that Tyler got it for me.

*flashback*

Early that morning, Tyler pulled me into the janitor's closet.

"What is it?" I asked him when we got inside.

"I have something for you"

He brought out two rectangular boxes and handed them to me. I gasped in surprise.

"You got me a present?"

"Yes. Open them"

Why would he get me a present? It's not my birthday or anything. The only person who got me presents was my mom. I can't really remember my dad giving me anything.

I can't remember the last time I received a gift from anyone.

I opened one of them. Inside laid a beautiful halter neck black sequin. It was a bit short and fitted. It looked like what a celebrity would wear to a party.

"Wow" I breathed.

It's beautiful. It's obviously designer. I looked at the top of the box. It read "Dolce and Gabana"

"How did you even know my size?" I asked him.

Tyler shrugged "One of the maids helped me. She saw you when you came over and was able to guess your size"

I opened the other box. Inside it laid a pair of red heels.

He actually cared enough to get me something. The thought of it all brought tears to my eyes. I had no idea why I felt emotional. Maybe it's because I had been through a lot lately and this act of kindness made me realize there's still good in the world and that it's possible for someone to truly care for me.

"Do you like them?"

"I love them. Thank you"

I pulled him close, stood on my tip toes and kissed him.