Chapter 8

The next day I was able to go to school. Thank the moon goddess.

I stood at my locker, bringing out my books.

My mind wandered to Tyler. I smiled at the thought of him. I looked forward to seeing him today. During the weekend, he was all I could think about.

The thought of seeing him in school on Monday helped me get through that horrid celebration. It's one of the reasons I was sad that I didn't come to school yesterday.

No doubt, Stephanie would take the opportunity to talk to him and get to know him better. The idea of two of them in close proximity makes me mad. It makes me want to punch a hole in the wall.

Anyway, it's inevitable. Stephanie is on the cheer team and he's on the football team. They're basically meant to be together plus they would make a picture perfect couple.

I got sad at the thought.

"Hey" a voice said beside me.

I could recognize that voice anywhere. I smiled when I realized who it was.

I closed my locker door and came in contact with a smiling Tyler. He looked just as excited as I was to see him.

I couldn't help the grin that crept up my face.

"Hey you" I said.

"Why weren't you in school yesterday?"

Well, where do I start? I couldn't come to school because my evil step mother stopped me from coming just so I could do the chores from her wedding, when in reality, she could have just hired a cleaning crew. Instead, she chose to make me suffer.

"It's kind of a long story" I told him "I have a lot going on at home"

"I get it. We had a biology test yesterday. You missed it"

"Thanks. I'll go talk to the teacher"

We stood there for a while, just smiling at each other.

Tyler looked as gorgeous as ever. He was dressed in a white tee with jeans and sneakers. His outfit was so simple but he pulled it off effortlessly. I could perceive his sweet scent. I had the urge to draw him close to me.

I had to look down to hide my blush.

What? I can't help it. He looks cute plus I'm really excited to see him. You can't blame a girl for being shy around her mate.

Tyler moved closer to me. He was always so smooth with his movements. It made everything even sexier. I can imagine how smooth he is in bed.

Wait...where did that thought come from?

"I missed you this weekend"

I fiddled with my fingers, hiding my blush "I missed you too"

He raised my chin up with his fingers "Look at me when I talk to you. I want to hear you say it"

I felt my heart get caught in my throat.

"Say what?"

"Tell me how much you missed me"

I looked into his beautiful brown eyes. I could stare at them forever.

"I missed you" I whispered.

He smirked "Good girl"

Call me that again.

I had never ditched school before. I had no one to do it with since I didn't have any friends.

"I've never ditched school"

"It's a good thing I'll be the first person you do it with. Come on, I have the perfect idea"

Tyler's POV

When Cathy agreed to ditch with me, I thought about a few places to take her as we drove around in my car.

I decided to take her to do something special and simple at the same time. She seemed like the type to take things slow and I'm cool with that.

What's more simple and cute than an ice cream date? With that being said, I took her to the park to get some ice cream.

When we got to the park, we stopped by the ice cream bus to get some ice cream.

We strolled down the pack, hand in hand. I didn't even like ice cream but she looked like she was having a good time so screw it.

Our conversation mingled with the sounds of children playing nearby. The warm sun cast a golden glow on everyone's faces.

We settled down on the park bench and watched the rest of the people as they lived their lives.

I turned my head slightly to look at her. She was too invested in her ice cream to notice her. She looked like she was at peace.

I don't know her too well but it looked like something was always bothering her. I guess it's because she just lost her mom.

I can relate to that too well.

I admire how beautiful she is. Not to sound poetic or anything, but she's the most gorgeous person I have ever laid eyes on.

I'm drawn to every detail that makes her unique. It's quite obvious that she's not like other girls.

I watch as her hair falls gently against her shoulders as if blows softly with the breeze. I watch the way her skin catches the sunlight.

Earlier, I noticed a black circular mark on her back while she walked in front of me. The mark seemed familiar. I can't remember where I've seen it but it seemed like something I would recognize.

I admire the twinkle in her eyes as she talks. Her smile looks genuine and warm. Her smile can light up a dark room.

My eyes wander to the delicate features of her face. She has the most beautiful pair of blue eyes I had ever seen. I wonder how it would feel to taste those luscious pink lips of hers.

Every aspect of her is a work of art. I could sit down and watch her all day without getting tired.

I reached out for her hand and kissed it.

She turned to me with a smile "What?"

"Nothing. I'm just admiring how beautiful you are"

"You're so corny"

"Is that so?"

She stuck out her tongue at me.

She did not just do that.

I pressed my ice cream cone into her cheek. She gasped in horror.

"You did not!" she said.

I shrugged "That's what you get for calling me corny"

"You'll pay for that"

She did the same to me, pressing her ice cream cone into my face.

We both laughed.

We looked into each other's eyes; brown to blue.