Chapter 16

A whole day had passed. I didn't have the willpower to go to school. I didn't have the willpower to do anything.

All I wanted to do was lie on my bed and wallow in my misery.

Every time I close my eyes, I can see Jack on top of me. I can see myself struggling against him. I can see when he knocks me out.

I think it's better that he knocked me out. I don't think I would have been able to stomach the experience if I was conscious.

I've cried repeatedly to the point where I feel as if I have no more tears to cry anymore. I don't know why bad things have to happen to me.

I feel terrible. I feel hurt. I feel betrayed.

I didn't go to school yesterday. I wonder why Tyler didn't come to see me. I brushed it off. He was probably busy taking care of his dad or something.

After I went back to my room, something happened about thirty minutes later. While I was crying on my bed, I heard a knock on my door. When I got up, I saw a letter that was passed from the little space below my door.'

I picked it up to read. It read

Dear Catherine, I'm sorry about what happened. I have no other way to reach you. That's why I wrote this letter. I believe you. I can help you get justice for the horrible thing you experienced. I just need something from you. I need you to get your dad's special armour for me.

From Kevin

At least, one person believed me.

I found it odd that he asked for my dad's special armour in return for helping me. I know how much my dad loves that armour. He's had it for years. Nobody knows where he got it from but he wears it in every battle and he ends up being the only uninjured soldier because of it.

Even if I wanted to help Kevin, I don't know where the armour is. The only person who might have known where it is is my mom. It's no use.

After two days, I was finally able to gather the willpower to go to school. I told myself that bad things happen and wallowing in my self pity won't change what happened to me. I have to move on, no matter how hard it may be.

As I walked through the hallways, I noticed people staring at me. Everyone looked at me with an irritated expression. I knew people didn't really talk to me but this time it was different. This time, people actually paid attention to me.

They looked at me like something was wrong with me. Some even stared at me and whispered to each other.

I brushed it off. Maybe it's all in my head.

I'm probably just being paranoid. For years, people never paid me no mind. Why would they start now?

I had better things on my mind like my mate. I was excited to see Tyler. He's the one person who can make me feel better.

I smiled as I thought of him. Just a hug from him would make everything feel a lot better. I'm sure of it.

When I'm with him, all my problems seem to disappear. I know he'll believe me if I tell him what happened. He's the only one I can truly trust now.

I sighted him talking with the football players in the corridor. They talked and laughed with each other.

Tyler and I made eye contact. I grinned widely at him. The mere sight of him made me forget everything I had been through these past few days. All I wanted was to run into his arms and hug him tightly.

I waved to him with a huge smile.

To my surprise, Tyler returned his gaze to his friends and started talking with them again.

My smile dropped. That's odd.

Maybe he didn't see me. That's the best explanation for what just happened.

Oh well. I'll talk to him when he's free. He seems engrossed in the conversation he's having with his friends.

I went to my locker to bring out all the books I needed for my classes. After I was done, I moved to the chemistry lab since that was my first class for the day.

In the lab, I spotted Tyler sitting alone. His eyes were stuck to his phone.

I sat on the empty seat beside him and kissed his cheek.

"Hi Tyler" I squealed.

"Hi" he replied dryly.

Once again, my smile dropped.

Why is he acting like this? Is he not happy to see me? Did I do something wrong?

"What's wrong?" I asked him "Why aren't you talking to me?"

"Just so you know, someone is sitting there?"

I raised my brow in confusion. Tyler normally sits beside me during every class. He even keeps seats for me when I'm not around or when he comes to class before me.

"Really?" I asked "Who?"

"Me" a familiar voice said.

I looked up to see Stephanie. She was dressed in her designer dresses and heels as usual.

"You're in my chair" Stephanie said "You know I don't like it when people take what belongs to me. Now, get up and get out of here"

I looked at Tyler in disbelief. He didn't pay me any attention. He scrolled on his phone as if he didn't just betray me.

The tears fell freely. How could he do this to me?

"Aww" Stephanie said "Are you feeling hurt? Too bad. Now, get up before I make you"

Without another word, I got up and moved to the back seat.

As the class went on, I watched their interaction with each other. They talked and laughed like they had been friends for a long time.

Envy filled my veins as I watched them. I felt betrayed.

How could Tyler do this? What went wrong?

Just a few days ago, he came to my house to see me. Everything went well with us.

Did I do something wrong?

Is it because I didn't come to school?

I knew it was only a matter of time before Stephanie got her claws on him.

No, I won't let him go that easy.

Something is definitely wrong and I'm going to figure out what it is.