Chapter 3

I dreaded going to school the next day. Naturally, I'm a quiet person so people use the opportunity to step on me. A lot of them pay me no mind but the popular girls do their best to step on my toes. I've been dealing with it for years so it's nothing I can't handle.

The only solution is to keep your head down and ignore them. They'll eventually go away. They're rich and their parents have high ranks in the pack so they can get away with anything. They basically do the same thing to everyone.

I want nothing more than to stay at home and cry my eyes out but Ann is there and I don't want to be around her. I've never been happier to come to school in my life.

I opened my locker to bring out my books. I just hope today will go by smoothly and that nobody will notice or disturb me. My heart aches heavily. I miss my mom.

Any time I'm in a bad mood, her hugs would always bring me comfort but she's not here now. I have to be strong for myself and for Logan.

It's so much pressure. I know I can do it though. She would want me to be there for my brother in her absence.

As I brought out my books, someone closed my locker from behind. I quickly removed my fingers. If not, they would have been cut off from the force.

I came face to face with Stephanie and her crew; Jasmine and Lola. These are the girls I was talking about.

"Hi Cathy" Stephanie smiled evilly "Nice sweater"

Stephanie is the ring leader of course. She's the Beta's daughter.

I opened my locker and continued arranging my books for class.

"Did she just ignore you?" Lola asked.

"I think she did" Stephanie said "I don't like being ignored, Cathy. You know that, don't you?"

I closed the locker and looked at her.

Stephanie is the most gorgeous girl you'll come across. She's pale skinned, blonde and has a curvy body. She wore the latest fashion designs. She perfectly fit the stereotype of a mean girl.

It's hard to hate her when deep down, I want to be her. She's so pretty that sometimes, it hurt to look at her.

She's perfect.

"I'm not in the mood" I said "I'm going through a lot"

"Awww" Stephanie put her hand on her chest "I heard. Your mom died. Sucks to be you"

Stephanie came closer to me and hit the books in my hand, making them fall to the floor.

"I'm in a good mood so I'll let you off easy" she said "Next time, I won't be so generous. Let's go, girls"

She flipped her hair and sashayed away, with her minions following behind her.

I let out a deep breath. At least, that's over.

I went to my first period which was Biology and took a seat near the window side. We might have practicals today. I just hope I have a nice lab partner or a quiet one.

I watched as students came in one by one, talking to each other. Soon, the class became filled with murmurings and chatter.

I sighed.

I wish I had a friend.

After everyone was settled down, the teacher came in.

"Good Morning class" she said.

"Good morning ma'am" we chorused.

"The topic for today is Reproduction"

Everyone laughed. I rolled my eyes at their childish behavior.