Chapter 27

JACK'S POV

Have you felt fear?

By fear, I don't mean the 'I'm scared of the dark' kind of fear or I'm scared of the boogey man kind of fear'.

What I'm referring to is the feeling of being absolutely terrified.

I'm talking about the kind of fear that'll have you looking over your shoulder; the kind of fear that'll keep you up at night; the kind of fear that gives you nightmares.

This is what i'm experiencing now.

I can barely eat. I can barely sleep. i can barely function at all.

I can hear the voices of the entities chasing me. I can see them. The worst part is that nobody else can see them but me.

I stared at myself in my bathroom mirror. I looked like a shadow of myself.

I had prominent dark circles under my eyes. I had scratch marks on my cheeks. My hair looked dishevelled in a bad way.

The most recent injury I had from the entity was the injury on my fingers.

I looked at my fingers in horror. I can still feel the chills that went up my spine when I had the dream.

The figure used his sword to cut two of my fingers off and by the time I woke up, I could feel the excruciating pain of my fingers being cut off. I saw the remnants of my fingers on the floor.

I had to go to the emergency unit in the hospital.

Looking at me, you can tell that I haven't gotten enough sleep in a while.

The disturbances I'm facing happened after my incident with Catherine.

After that night, I went to my buddy's house to chill. Shortly after I got there, the entities started chasing me.

It all started when I was sleeping one night.

In my dreams, I saw myself on a lonely road. I walked further, trying to figure out where I was.

Suddenly, I felt a presence behind me. I turned around and saw a figure wearing a black cloak. Two wolves stood on either side of the mysterious person.

I was confused.

"Who are you?" I asked the person.

A heavy wind blew. I shivered as a result of the cold.

I got goosebumps on my arms immediately.

The mysterious figure stretched out its hand. As soon as the person did that, the wolves came after me.

I turned around and ran as fast as I could. I was a fast runner but it seemed like the wolves were faster than I was.

I screamed when I noticed they were about to grab me. Just as they were about to grab my legs, I woke up.

I woke up drenched in sweat. It didn't stop there. When I woke up, my breathing was heavy. My chest heaved up and down as I tried to catch my breath.

I sat up, heaving a sigh of relief.

Thank the moon goddess that it was just a dream.

I started to feel an eerie presence in the room. I turned to my right and came in contact with the figure from my dream.

The figure held a large sword.

I screamed in terror. I tried to run but I couldn't move. It felt as if something glued me to the bed. I struggled to get free but to no avail.