Chapter 9

Catherine's POV

I laid in my bed, deep in thought. I thought about everything that's been going on lately. It was all too much to take in.

I miss my mom so much. I wish she was here. I can't stand her absence being disrespected any longer. I can't believe that my dad got married to her best friend barely two weeks after she died.

Now, I'm being maltreated in this house. I have nobody to talk to except Logan and Mason.

"Kit Kat" Mason called.

I smiled at him. That was his nickname for me. It's kind of cute though.

He laid on my bed with me. He couldn't sleep so he decided to come to my room to spend some time with me. He was dozing in and out of sleep.

"Hey buddy" I whispered.

He mumbled incoherently before going back to sleep.

I chuckled quietly. He's so adorable.

He snuggled closer into me as he slept peacefully. I massaged his hair softly.

I stared at the ceiling as I thought about Tyler. A smile crept up to my face as his image came into my mind.

I enjoyed our ice cream date today. I've never been on a date before. No body has ever gone out of his way to make me feel this happy. Hell, I've never really been in close proximity with a boy before. People don't like to talk to me in school. I ignore them and they ignore me.

Tyler is handsome and sweet. He's basically everything a girl can ever want in a guy. He's prefect.

The thing is I'm scared of falling for him. It seems to good to be true. You know what they say, if something seems too good to be true then it probably is.

How can someone like that even like me?

I'm not as attractive as other girls in his league. He can do way better than me but he seems to like me anyway.

What if I fall for him and he ends up rejecting me?

I would be devastated.

I can't deny that I like the way I feel when I'm around him. I feel as if I can be myself. He's easy to be around. For some reason, being with him makes me feel safe. I've never felt this way about anyone before.

"Hey beautiful" a voice said.

I sat up immediately.

Jack stood at the entrance of my door. He was shirtless. He wore only briefs.

I scowled at him "What do you want?"

"Just came to see if you were in the mood yet. It's inevitable. I'm going to have my way with you soon"

His words left a sour taste on my tongue.

"My brother is literally here, you creep. How can you say things like that?"

"Because it's true"

Jack gives me the creeps. I need to do something before he decides to do something stupid.

I got up, pushed past Jack and made my way to my dad's room. I knocked on his door.

"Come in" he said.

I entered. Only the lamp light was on. I guess they were already asleep.

"What do you want by this time of the night?" Ann murmured. Her eyes were still closed.

My dad sat up when he saw me "What's wrong?"

I hesitated for a while. I don't even know what to say. Whatever it is I have to tell them, it won't be easy.

"I-" I started.

"Speak up!" Ann snapped "Its either you talk or you get the fuck out"

"What is it, Cathy?" my dad asked me.

"Jack has been acting weird towards me. He tried to seduce me a few nights ago and just a few minutes before I came here, he told me he was going to have his way with me soon"

There was a moment of silence before Ann howled with laughter.

"You're good at story telling" she said "You know that?"

I was shocked. She didn't believe me. I didn't think she'd actually be this insensitive.

"I'm telling the truth" I said "I would never lie about something like this"

"Cathy" my dad called me "Are you sure about this?"

"Yes dad. I'm sure"

Ann got up slowly from her bed "Let me get this straight"

She walked closer to me "You're telling me that my son is trying to force himself on you?"

"Yes" I whimpered.

She chuckled dryly "Why would he do that in the first place? Have you seen yourself?"

"Ann" my dad said "Let-"

"I'm talking!" she snapped at him.

She turned back to me "Are you trying to say m son doesn't have good morals? That I didn't raise him right?"

"No. That's not what I meant"

"The tell me, what did you mean?"

I looked at my dad. He looked at me with a sympathetic expression. He looked helpless, like he couldn't do anything.

I couldn't help the tears that welled up in my eyes. I have no-one on my side.

"I was just scared" I sobbed "I needed to tell someone"

"You're a fucking liar. You're even lucky that I still let you live in this house, you bitch"

Before I could say anything else, she opened the door ad pushed me with so much force that I hit the wall and landed on my butt.

I cried out in pain. I've most likely injured my back.

"If I hear another stupid accusation like this, I'll kill you myself"

After saying those words, she banged the door.

Tyler's POV

All through the night, the only thing I could think of was Cathy. I was so excited to see her in school the next morning.

She was all I could think about.

When I walked into the corridor, I went straight to her locker. I knew she would be there and I was right. She was bringing out her books.

"Hey beautiful" I said "You know, you look a lot like my mate"

I expected her to laugh or at least smile but she did none of that.

She kept a straight face. It looked like she was in a bad mood.

What could have gone wrong? Things went well yesterday.

"Cathy" I said "What's wrong?"

"Just leave me alone" she snapped.

She brought out everything she needed and banged her locker before walking away.

I looked at her retreating figure in confusion.

Could I have done something wrong?