Chapter 10

Tyler's POV

As I laid in bed, I threw my basketball to the wall. When it bounced back to me, I threw it again.

I did this repeatedly to keep my mind in check. I had to keep myself occupied. If not, I just might hurt someone.

The events of today kept recurring in my mind.

How can someone be so mean?

I kept seeing the image of Catherine being pushed outside her house. She got pushed so hard that she fell.

What if she hurt herself? Or worse, hit her head on the ground? What would have happened?

I'll tell you what would have happened. I would have killed someone. I'm not even joking about it.

The last time I can remember myself being this angry was when I was at war last year. I can literally feel my blood boil to the point where I want to take my anger out on someone.

I wonder who that woman is. She can't be Catherine's mother, can she?

Poor Catherine. She has to deal with that on a daily. No wonder she says she has a lot going on at home. Now, I can see why. I feel sorry for her. I wish there was something I can do to help.

I wanted to help her but she seemed so scared when she told me to leave. I didn't want to get her in trouble.

I'm disturbed just thinking about it. I hope she's okay.

I smiled as I recalled our ice cream date. It was one of the happiest days of my life. My mind wandered back to the mark I saw on her back.

It was familiar to me but at the same time, I can't put my finger on it. I don't know if it's a tatoo or a birth mark.

A door knock brought me out of my thoughts.

"Yes?" I answered.

"Can I come in?"

It sounded like my dad's voice.

"Yes dad. Come in"

The door opened, revealing my father. He came in with a huge smile on his face.

"Hey" I said to him.

"Hey. Just checking on you, son. Are you okay?"

No, I'm not. My mate is obviously being abused at home and there's nothing I can do about it.

Instead of saying all that, I answered "Yeah. Thanks"

"Good"

My dad turned to leave when I remembered the mark on Catherine's back. Maybe he can help me decipher what it is. My dad is good with history and stuff.

"Hey dad" I said "I have a question"

"What is it?"

"What does it mean if someone has a circle as a birthmark?"

He looked confused "Just a circle?"

"No. The circle has two dots in it"

"Oh, I see. It's from the Akyle Clan"

"The Akyle Clan?"

I've never heard of it before.

"Yes. It was the most powerful clan in its time. It's an ancient pack that was wiped out many years ago"

With his explanation, I got even more confused. How can that be?

"You're certain, dad?"

"Yes. Why?"