Chapter 5

I washed the dishes in the kitchen. I was happy to be alone. At least, I can have some peace and quiet now.

As I did the dishes, I thought of Tyler.

I couldn't help but smile at the thought of him. He was so good looking and kind too.

How did I get so lucky?

How can someone be so perfect?

He's really nice to me and he has a way of making me feel comfortable. I know it's a bit early to say this because we just met today but I have a good feeling about him.

So far, it doesn't seem as if he wants to reject me. If he wanted to, he would have done so already but he might change his mind when he finds out how pathetic I am. He deserves a lot better.

With each plate I scrubbed, the memories of today flooded my mind. I recalled how close we were today in the janitor's closet.

I could literally feel his breath on my face. I can still remember how sweet his scent was. We have a deep connection. I can feel it.

I could almost feel the touch of his hand. I can still feel way my body reacted when he kissed my neck. I wish I could have that feeling everyday. It felt like heaven.

His presence alone made my heart flutter. I remember how he made me laugh in chemistry class. It was so easy to be with him. I didn't have to pretend to be someone else. I can just be myself around him.

The little moments we shared today made me feel good. I want more of that.

The thought of him rejecting him made my heart clench. I tried to remove the thought from my mind.

It'll surely happen but I don't want to think of it.

Only the moon goddess knows what will happen at Stephanie's party. She likes him, no doubt. She'll definitely make a move on him. He won't be able to resist her.

What guy would say no to Stephanie? She's perfect. She's every guy's dream. All the girls want to be her and all the guys want to be with her.

"Catherine!" I heard a voice scream.

I was so scared that I flinched which caused me to drop a glass cup on the floor. I gasped in horror.

"You clumsy fool!" Ann shouted "I've been calling you for hours"

I looked at her. She looked furious at me.

"I'm sorry. I was just-"

"I don't care. That was my favourite cup!"

"I'm so sorry"

"Whatever your plan is, it won't work. No matter how much you plan to frustrate me, I'm not going anywhere"

"I'm not planning anything. It was an honest mistake. I even apologized repeatedly for it"

"Yeah right"

I took a deep breath in "You know what? You're just feeling insecure and guilty"

"What do I have to feel guilty about?"

I looked at her in disbelief "You have nothing to feel guilty for? Your best friend died and you moved into her home the day after she was buried. Let's not forget the fact that you fucked her husband behind her back"

"He wanted me too. They weren't happy. It was never going to last between them"

I shook my head "You're a terrible friend. My mom loved you. You were her sister"

"So? I can't help who I fall in love with"

"You're a bad person. I hope you get what you deserve"

"You dare talk to me like that? I'm the lady of this household. You can't disrespect me!"

"My mom was the woman of this household, not you!"

"I'll show you" she gritted her teeth "Get out of my house now!"

"You can't make me"

She grabbed me by the arm and pulled me all the way to the living room. I tried to struggle against her but she ended up pushing me outside the house. She locked the door behind her.

"I hate you!" I screamed.

I ran my hand through my hair. What am I gonna do?

Where will I go?

She's so heartless. She doesn't even care about me at all.

I decide to go to the park to sit down and cool my head. That's the only thing I can do now. From the looks of things, I don't think Ann will let me inside. At least, not for now.

I made my way down the road. I have to pass school before I get to the park.

Outside school, I saw a group of kids hanging outside on their cars. They were basically just chatting. They're the football players and cheerleaders. They probably just finished practice.

I kept walking, hoping nobody would notice me.

"Catherine?" a voice called out to me.

I turned. It was Tyler.

"Hi" I muttered

He walked closer to me "What's wrong? Why are you crying?"

I'm actually not in the mood to talk so I didn't say anything. I just stood there, looking at my shoes.

A few stray tears fell from my eyes. I couldn't help it.

I hid my face in my arms as I cried my eyes out.

Tyler wrapped his arms around me "Hey. You're okay. Please, don't cry"

"Tyler!" a voice called out. It was Stephanie "We're going to get pizza. You coming?"

"Uh..no. Next time"

Stephanie glared at me. She scoffed before walking away.

"You don't have to do that" I wiped my eyes "You should hang out with them. It'll be fun plus you need to make friends"

"No way am I leaving you on your own. You definitely need someone to talk to. I'm here for you"

I have no idea why but his words make me cry even more. The only person who has told me that they'll be there for me is my mom. I miss her so much.

Tyler held me tightly, drawing circles on my back to soothe me.

"Don't cry, my love"

I nodded "Okay"

I feel a lot better now that I've seen him. He knows how to make me feel comfortable, even though we only met today.

He wiped the tears from my eyes "Are you good now?"

I shook my head "No but I will be"

"Let's get you somewhere to sit. I have the perfect place"