Chapter 11

Catherine's POV

I sighted Tyler's car in front of me.

I won't deny it. I'm actually happy to see him. I've been thinking about him all day. Ann wouldn't let me go to school because I had many chores to do at home.

"Can you work faster?" Ann barked at me "My laundry isn't going to do itself"

I sighed.

There's a literal washing machine. All she has to do is place her clothes inside it but for some reason, she wants me to do everything. Meanwhile, Jack is laying down on his bed upstairs and playing loud music.

I miss my mom. She would never treat me like this and neither would she let anyone deamean me in such a manner.

Very soon, she'll ask me to fold her underwear. Oops, too late for that. She already did.

After I sent a message to Tyler telling him not to interfere, I went back to shaping the plants. expected Tyler to go away but his car was still parked there.

I wish he would just go home. I'm embarrassed for him to see me like this.

What would he think of me now?

He'll see me for what I truly am - a pathetic loser who doesn't deserve to be with someone like him.

Since Tyler is the Alpha of his pack, I'll be expected to be the Luna. That is, if he doesn't reject me. Sometimes, I wonder if I'll make a good leader. I highly doubt it. Nobody would want to listen to someone like me.

"Also" Ann told me "I want pasta for dinner and you know I don't eat late. I suggest you finish that up soon and get started"

If you want to kill me Ann, just say so."

"Am I talking to someone?" She asked me.

"Yes ma'am"

"Good"

She entered the house, banging the door behind her. I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding in. It's scary having her around. There's no telling what she might do next. She behaves like an unhinged person sometimes. I wonder how my dad copes with her.

That's whatever. He deserves whatever shit he gets from her. That's what he gets for cheating on my mom and ruining our family.

I looked ahead and noticed Tyler had gone. I felt my heart sink in my chest. He probably decided it wasn't worth the wait and left. I don't blame him.

With a heavy heart, I finished up my work. By the time I was done, my hands were red and had blood clots all over. My body was sore due to all the work I'd been doing.

I decided to go to the forest to relax for a while before going into that warzone called a home.

With my work done, I made my way into the nearby forest. I hadn't made it far when I heard a voice behind me .

"Cathy?"

I could recognize that voice anywhere, even in my sleep.

I turned around and came face to face with Tyler. I couldn't help the smile that crept up to my face. I felt so happy to see him.

At the same time, I felt insecure. My clothes were dirty. My hair looks disheveled. I probably smell bad due to all my sweat. He must be irritated.

He walked close to me and wrapped his arms tightly around me. I was surprised by his actions.

"I'm sweaty and dirty" I said to him.

"I don't care" he sighed "I missed you"

I wrapped my arms around him and closed my eyes "I missed you too"