Chapter 13

After playing rounds of beer pong, Tyler and I went to a little quiet area and laid down under the moonlit sky.

Here, we managed to find solace from the party.

I giggled. I could still feel my eyes get a bit dizzy. I've never had alcohol before.

Tyler turned his head to me "What is it?"

I sighed happily "Oh nothing. I've never had this much fun before...except for our ice cream date, of course"

Tyler kissed my hand "I get what you mean. It's been a while since I've let loose like this"

I looked at him. It must be hard to be a teenager and an Alpha at the same time. I'm pretty sure he doesn't have time to do what kids his age do because he had a pack to take care of.

"What's it like?" I asked him "Being an Alpha this young"

"It's exhausting. I'll tell you that"

"I can imagine"

"People also underestimate me because of my age. That's why I have to prove myself time and time again during war. I put myself all out there so that people would respect me, at least. I have to read constantly to keep up with history. It's a lot, kitty"

I couldn't help but feel compassion for him. He looks happy but deep down, he must be going through a lot just like I am.

"My dad's sick" Tyler continued "It's hard to watch him fight for his life everyday. I have to live in constant fear because my mom is already dead. I can't lose another parent"

The pain he felt was evident in his voice. I squeezed his hand comfortingly.

"You won't lose your dad" I told him "Don't think that way"

"You think so?"

I smiled weakly "I know so"

In this moment, time seemed to stand still as we got lost in each other's presence. Tyler stared at the sky. I got captivated by his presence.

My heart raced with every word he spoke. His curly tousled hair fell gently over his forehead.

As we lay side by side beneath the twinkling stars, the world around (the whole party, as vibrant as it was) seemed to fade into the background. That happens a lot when we're together. When I'm with him, it seems as if we're the only people who exist. All I can focus on is him.

"I believe in parallel universes, you know" Tyler said.

"You do"

"I know it's crazy but I believe there is more to this world than we know it"

I can relate to what he's saying. I've thought about it several times too.

"So..you believe there's a world where you and I aren't mates and we hate each other?"

Tyler laughed "Not a chance"

I chuckled "But that's the whole point of a parallel universe"

"I know but things would be different for us"

"Why do you say so?"

"Nothing can ever make me hate you. In every universe, I'm pretty sure I'll find you, recognize you and still feel the same way about you, even in a parallel one. Nothing can change my feelings for you in this universe and in another one. I'm certain of it"

My heart swelled at his words. I could feel the tears sting at the back of my eyes. No one has ever said such sweet words to me before.

We both turned to look at each other at the same time. The moon's gentle glow illuminated his unique features. It added more sparkle to his beautiful brown eyes.