chapter 27- tired

Start from the beginning

Somewhere deep down it felt as a betray.

'I wasn't hid-'

A loud sigh interrupted her. It didn't sound impatient or with disinterest. Jet sounded tired. 'You still didn't give me a replay. Could you just be honest with me?'

His old friend bit her underlip. 'I can't love you Jet', her fist clenched and relaxed again. 'I still love Gajeel'.

'Even af-'

'Even after that fight'.

---

'Why don't you take a break from everything?' Jet had approached her. This was 3 days after she rejected him. He wanted to try his luck but had known that it wouldn't work out. But luckily they were able to continue normally. It still ached him but he would get over her in time.

'I don't know', Levy sighed and rested her head in the palm of her hands.

'I think it would be good for you', he sat next the little woman. 'You haven't been very energetic these past days'.

'That I know', she gave him a soft smile. 'Just a lot on my mind at the moment'.

'That's why I think you should take a break. A holiday or a solo quest'.

At the words "Solo quest" she looked up. 'That's been a while. Could be fun'. Levy thought out loud.

'Want to take a look together?', Jet offered.

'No that's alright, I'll look myself', she jumped up with some refound enthusiasm. She ran towards the request stopping right in front of it. She folded her hands behind her back while scanning the request in search of something fitting for a single script mage.

In the end her eyes met a request asking for a mage whom had to defeat a small group of bandits lurking near the trade route. Thinking she had enough wits to place traps, she reached for the paper. If only she was a little longer she could at least touch the request.

Suddenly a tall figure bend over her from behind and pulled the paper from the board before handing it over to Levy.

'Here', he said. He straightened his back. Ray of light brightened his features making him recognizable.

'Thanks Nab', Levy smiled.

'No problem', he turned around.

Levy awaits if maybe he wants to talk some more. When he said nothing she turned around and immediately saw Gajeel in the big crowd. It wasn't hard to find him in the crowd anyway.

He was trying to steal a glace, looking over his shoulder but was caught.
The next thing he turned around his head, he grunting in a way as if her staying at that spot was a pain in the ass. As if he wanted to walk up to the request board but her standing there interfered.

Levy's eyes widened in disbelieve and her heart stung. The feeling faded when she saw Lily coming her way.

'Going on a quest?' he asked as soon as he was close enough.

'A small one. Just to get away for a moment', she didn't sound as happy as she wanted. With quiet hope she had wished that Gajeel would come but looking behind Lily she saw him chewing viciously on some iron.

'With who?' Lily asked while receiving the piece of paper. He scanned the information.

'I'm going solo', the script mage felt a little proud. This was the first one in years after all.

'Alone?' Lily asked while giving back her request. Levy nodded in return. 'I think I'm going tomorrow'.

'Good luck. Make sure to tell me when you return', his wings appeared and he floated towards Happy who just flew in with Natsu and Lucy.

Levy realized that she needed to pack her stuff and tell her sister of her plans today. She grabbed her bag containing a book she had planned to read. She waved Jet off and walked towards her house.

Back at home she walked into the kitchen to find Rose. She was currently making diner for them. She was mixing a salad when Levy opened the door. 'You're just in time', Rose chimed happily. 'Soup is about done'.

'Which one?' Levy chimed happy in return.

'You're favorite. I wanted to cheer you up, but it seems someone was faster', her smile grew wider. Rose knew now that both Jet and Droy wouldn't be able to steal Levy's heart and stopped trying. Using the word faster meant nothing.

'Just excited' Levy wrapped her arms around Rose to pull her in for a hug. 'Thanks for cooking again'.

'I insist', Rose lifted the pan from the stove and walked with Levy to the dining table. 'I think I'm getting better already'.
To wait frozen on a mountain top for several years didn't improve her cooking skills or other skills for that matter. Levy had to learn her the art of heating of the butter till she could make her own diner. Learning to cook was a pleasure with her little sister around. It made her realize that Levy had grown while she was frozen.

'It is better', Levy said as she grabbed plates and spoons.

'So what happened?'

'Well, I'm planning to go on a quest tomorrow on my own'.

'Your own?' Rose looked up after filling the first plate.

'If you weren't planning anything', Levy sat down when everything was set.

Rose was seemingly having trouble to let Levy go on herself. She trusted Levy was strong enough to survive but she didn't trust the monsters or enemies. 'No, I had no plans. Just make sure you are safe alright? But if I haven't heard from you in two days I will be coming'.

'hahaha, alright alright. I will bring the spare communication-lacrima'.

'And make sure to bring enough Jewels and clothes'.

'I will', Levy continued to laugh. Rose was acting the way their mom used to do all those years ago. Instead of feeling sad, it made her happy. She never expected to see her sister back, thinking she died. So this moment was a gift. 'Thanks Ro-chan'.