chapter 2

Bpov

I did something different this time. I took off my boots and socks. Then I took off my shirt and threw it to the ground and I was left in my tank top.

I closed my eyes and listen with my back turned to Mike. I could hear him walk up behind me but he thought he fool me by stepping in front of me and he threw a punch and I leaned back and twisted to where I could lift my leg up at the same time I grabbed his arms with my hands and lowered his arms so my leg went over his arms and I turned completely around and once I was I brought my fist flying backwards into face. I let go and stood start up again.

When Mike stood back up I wiggled my hands for him to come at me again. When he did I went flat to the floor and turned over on my back and grabbed his foot and he fell to the floor and I legged locked him.

"Alright Swan enough for the day. I think you proved your point for know." I heard Cullen say. "Riley and Newton you will report in my office after training understood." Cullen told them. "Yes sir Cullen!"

"Now suit up for flying patrol exercises." Cullen said. I went into the locker room and went on the other end where I was separated from the guys.

Once I was changed I walked into the launch bay. "Swan you're my wing man!" I turned to Cullen confused. "No one would team up with you so I took it upon myself as your CO." I shook my head. "Just because I'm a girl doesn't mean you got to give me special treatment Cullen!"

"Hey, it's not just because your a female Swan. Everyone here has to have a wingman whether you like it or not. So you're stuck with me."

"Whatever you say Cullen!" I walk over to my ship and climb in. I buckle myself in. Then put my helmet on.

"Swan ready and waiting!" I called out. "Swan launch bay is clear for you to launch!" I flip the switches and my ship comes to life. I pull back on the handle and I can feel the craft hover. Then I press the button on my handle and I launch out of the launch bay into space.

"Oh my god this is amazing!" I say out loud. "I take it, this is your first time in space?" Cullen asked me. "Yes and no. I trained on the base on the moon but nothing like this!" Cullen chuckled. "No I guess not. Nothing beats traveling different galaxy's."

"That's not why I joined Cullen." I told him. "Then why you join Swan." I didn't answer him because a boggy showed up on radar. "Cullen is this normal for a boggy to show up during training exercises?"

"No why?" He asked me. "Then my radar malfunctioning because it's showing a bogey at twelve o'clock." I explained. "Hold on let me see something." I waited in silence. "This is not a drill I need the squad in formation now." Cullen said. "Looks like you were right Swan and it's time to see what you got. As of now your my permeant wing man." Oh great what am I in for.

"Swan you fly ahead with me the rest of you hold back here unless I say other wise."

I fly ahead with Cullen. "Shield up Cullen!" I reach up and turn my shield on. "Shield is up!" As were flying along I noticed noticed more boggy's showing up on the radar. "Cullen there's more on the radar."

"I know I see them keep your eyes open Swan." He told me. I look out my window and slowly and carefully look around and then spot a oddly looking ship at my 1 o'clock. "Cullen what is that?" But before could answer it's starts firing. "SHIT!" I vere to the right to just miss being hit.

"Alpha team we need you now!" Base this is Cullen we need back up now. There are Tagits heading towards the base ship. I repeat there are Tagits heading towards the base ships."

"Rodger! Cullen, we are sending Delta and Bravo team out to you."

"I read you base. Alpha team I repeat to this is no longer a drill this is a real deal here. I wish I could explain all our enemies. But it would it seem on your first day one of our enemies attack. Let me introduce you the the Tagits. Stick to your wing man. I don't need to remind you how important that is."

Fight To Just Be The Best Book One#TheBestBookAwardOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara