starting my new life

Bella pov

I'm on my way to a base. I just graduated at the top of my class in the space academy. No one thought I could do it. Mainly because of my height. I mean come on. Just because I'm short and la girl does not mean I can not be a pilot of a starfighter.

What I had to go through to get here. I'm only 5 ft 4 inches high. I was the strongest in my class. They wanted to give me the easy way they say. For one my dad was Major Charlie Swan. But I would not have it. Then for 2, my mother is Renee Swan one of the head scientists back on earth. I said no again. Then 3 because of my height. I said oh
hell no. I was to be treated like the rest.

"Earth to Bella are you in there?" Alice asked me waving her hand in front of me. Alice Cullen, she became my best friend in the academy. She has a older brother that is Edward Cullen. He is also a fighter pilot where we are going.

Alice on the other hand is a nurse and joining her father on the base. "Yes Alice I'm in here I was just thinking!" I told her. "Bella I told you before you have nothing to worry about." I shake my head.

"Alice my dear friend you will never understand what it is like for me to be a fighter pilot. It's a struggle alone the height just to prove myself. Plus to prove I can fight just like the rest of them Alice." She leans her head over on my shoulder.

"I understand, a lot more than you think I do Bella. I watched you struggled all the time. But you did it and at the top of your class and I know you can do it at Trans Loon Base too. If they don't like it then you can just kick there ass." I laughed at what Alice just said.

A few hours later we arrived at that the base and I'm at awe at how huge it is for being in space. I go to my room which I was amazed I have my own room.

I have a small living room space. I walk into a room that has a full size bed in it. I set my bag on it.

I press the button on the wall next to a door and find a closet with my new uniforms it. "You gotta be kidding me! A dress uniform. There's no way in hell I'm wearing that. If there thinking just because I'm female." I take it out and walk out and find my Co's room. Once I find it I knock on his door.

When it opens I was met by someone with the most gorgeous green eyes. He had bronze messy hair and he was at least 6 ft 2.

"Can I help you Miss?" I shake my head mentally. "I guess you're my CO. I will not wear this. I prefer the same as you and any other." I hold it up to him. But  scratches the back of his head.

"Excuse me but I do not know who you are and all female cadets are required to wear dress uniform to parties or other gatherings." He explained to me. "Well here, I guess I will not bel go to these gatherings sir. So please forgive me. If you'll excuse me now I will go finish unpacking." I gave him the dress uniform and turned to walk away but I was sopped.

"Wait, you never told me your name Miss." I turned around with a sigh. "Bella Swan sir!" I told him. "Swan! You're our new fighter pilot?" He looked at me like all the other ones did. "Yes sir, I graduated at the top of my class sir." I told him.

He put his hands around his back and started walking around me. I stood up straight with my arms down at my side. Is he serious right now?

"So just because you graduated at the top of your class do you think you're better than anyone else Swan?"

"No sir, not at all!" I told him. "Then what makes you think you're good enough?" Really is going there! "Sir just because I'm short doesn't mean I can not prove myself to be at my best. I am a good fighter and also a very good fighter pilot. So don't let my size make it any difference sir." Then when he stood in front of me he tried to do some combat moves on me but I put my guard up and block him and ended up flipping him and dropping him to the floor with my arm down to his throat and I was sitting on him.